(Classic car) Insewerants recommendations, anyone?

I'm currently exploring the feasibility of added another Italian jalopy to the stable, namely a 20 year old 4WD hot hatch. To make it worse the car in question is a Swiss-spec one that doesn't appear on any insurance brokers' computer.

So far, most of my preferred brokers have declined to quote either because it won't be garaged or because "it's not on our system". Only company to quote was Heritage.

Anybody got recommendations for good classic car brokers that include or can include European breakdown cover?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Did you try that Peter James link I posted just yesterday?

Reply to
Elder

Have a look here

they insured my locost fully comp for £125 for the year.At the moment all I've done is give them money though so can't comment on their customer service etc.

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Requires cars to be garaged. Says so on the website, unfortunately.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Might still be worth calling them, as it also says over 30, but one of the Retro-rides guys got a decent quote at 26, and the quote I posted for a hearse was "parked on drive".

Reply to
Elder

Oh joy, you've found an 8v Integrale Evo Kat or summat?

Reply to
Pete M

Yep.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

As a replacement for one of the other three, or as an addition?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

It'll only make sense as an additional classic with a view to containering it up in a few years.

Problem is that the supposed daily driver has developed an interesting knocking sound from the engine that doesn't sound like variator rattle to me. OTOH the weather forecast in Switzerland suggests that 4WD might be a good idea.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

YES! YES! Integrale!

Reply to
fishman

Yes... I can see now why getting rid of the Golf was such a good idea... no offence, like. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Mumblemumble.

At least the windows haven't fallen out of the Alfa. Yet.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:56:08 +0000, Tony \(UncleFista\) proclaimed:

I tried them today for the Puma, should I decide to keep it. 250 fully comp, unlimited miles as a 2nd car. Not bad at all. I was going to take it until my current insurer, More Than, said they'd beat it by a tenner when I emailed them the quote..

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Aye, cos the Golf did that constantly in the nine or so months you had it. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Clearly. :-).

Actually, some fresh, reasonably thin oil fixed the funny engine noise. I think the Alfa wants to have the engine flushed and some decent oil put in. The more you drive it like you're in Rome the healthier it sounds afterwards.

Is that for the Alfa or the Integrale?

Reply to
Timo Geusch

The Alfa.

I was rather hoping common sense would kick in before you made a decision on whether or not to buy something like the latter, tbh. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The trouble with common sense is that it's rather uncommon.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

I've found Brentacre (01792 650933) to be extremely useful for insurance on my Golf GTI. They're willing to insure most stuff - generally mods are free up to a set power limit, so a lot of stuff other insurers won't cover, like cages, they will.

CIHAGM?

Reply to
Doki