Clio font fog lights

I've got a Clio Grande on a W plate & my mate's just given me his old fog lights before giving the car back to his ex wife. How easy / difficult is it to fit them myself or should i get a garage(££££) to do it? Any help would be of major use 'cause im new to all this modz business.

Cheers Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Take a look and see - you learn by trying ! Assuming the wiring is already present in your car (it prolly is) you just need to insert the lights and switch into their respective holes.

Reply to
Nom

...but please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, etc don't drive around with them on all the time!!!

(if you do, we'll all come round your house in the middle of the night and shout "Wanker!" at your bedroom window)

Reply to
Jamesy

true true true, i only have them on when its 3 in the morning helps me avoid all the shitty pot holes in the country lanes. turn them off as soon as i see another car's lights, use them like my full beam. My suspension is shot thanks to the shitty roads.

Reply to
Joe

Cant speak for a W plate, but I had a L reg clio and the wiring loom was already in behind the bumper and dash. All I had to do was but fogs and a switch (from scrappie)

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Nice 1 mate i'll take a look but I know there aint a blank switch or hole in the dash for the switch. Is it just a case of drilling a hole & buying a switch?

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

Yeah - the same applies to most cars.

Reply to
Nom

There is a blank hole in the dash for the switch, and it's wherever the switch was in your mate's car (possibly on one of the stalks if it's anything like my mate's Megane, in which case you may need a new stalk).

Reply to
Nom

Yep, even on a base spec Skoda Favorit Forum.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Cheers, but would I be able to put a switch down by the heating controls or by the beam adjuster rather than buying a new stalk?

Reply to
Snowman

If you want to wire em up yourself. It's a lot easier to just swap the stalk though...

Reply to
Doki

Is the switch even ON the stalk ? As I said, I was talking about a Megane !

Reply to
Nom

Those clio's are the same as the megane

-- Chet

Chet

yes my clio has standard frount fogs and the switch for them is on the left stalk in a bit from the lights switch.

Hope this helps Richard

Reply to
Richard Jones