Clio Renaultsport 182

Seriously considering buying one. Are these cars any good?? The performance figures are unmatched for a car costing only about £9k for a year old example and as I have 6yrs NCB & am

36yo Insurance wouldn't be a major problem.

What about build quality - heard bad reports

Anyone own or know somebody who does own one these cars?

What are they like to live with on a day to day basis?

Reply to
Me

They're decent enough.

But nine thousand pounds on a shitbox 'Clio' ?

Reply to
LordyUK

The old man bought one a while back (albeit 172) great cars especially in cup guise a grown ups saxo vts :)

Reply to
Rob

Fast and fun tho :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Given the rumours of poor build, I'd rather spend nine grand on a few hookers.

Reply to
DervMan

They're supposedly excellent. If you want a modern teenybox car, then they're probably today's best. You can pick up a brand-new one for £11k from your local car supermarket, which may be a better bet than a year-old example.

It's a bargain-basement teenybox car, and it's gonna have >=2 years warranty left on it anyway.

Same as any other car really - they don't have any special wierdness to watch for.

Reply to
Nom

My girlfriend and sister both drive Clios. My sister's is one of the latest ones and my girlfriend's Clio is the model before that.

The build quality and general interior ambience is markedly better in my sister's (late model) Clio.

I enjoy driving the Clio, so with improved handling, brakes and 182bhp it should be a proper hoot!

However, this group is not only a modifications group, it's also a bit of a bangernomics group in my opinion. If any of us were to spend =A39k it'd be on an older car with _serious_ performance or appeal, or several fun cars if we have the space.

Having said that, I think the Clio 182 and 172 are great value for money if newish cars are your bag.

Reply to
fishman

Heard a few horror stories about starter motors and fires on some of the later 172s, same problem as the early Pug 307s had I think

Andy

Reply to
Andy Connolly

Just manual everything and no luxuries to save wieght itsn't it?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Do the wipers still go the wrong way?

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

172 Cup had lighter wheels, thinner windows, thinner carpets, no aircon, and no ABS. 182 Cup had everything iirc.
Reply to
DanTXD

Ah right. Thought they had kept it stripped.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

No idea ?

Does that make it diffferent to live with on a day to day basis ?

Reply to
Nom

Nope - the 182s are fully loaded. Standard HID lights and everything. They're a veritable bargain at £11k. The old 172 Cup was the stripped model you're thinking of.

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

On the AX there was a single wiper, which parked at the wrong side, which meant that, at speed, the water which had just been wiped to the bottom of the screen in front of the driver ran straight back up. Pretty stupid, and mildly annoying. If there are two wipers, it probably isn't as big an issue.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Yeah. It's called the key jamming in the start position, and then the numpty driver NOT REALISING. There are some proper idiots about...

Reply to
doki

Indeed. But it's a Clio.

I mean.... seriously... nine thousand pounds of hard earned cash on a 'Clio' ?

Reply to
LordyUK

that's why jap cars are better, they have the steering wheel set to the right side :)

Reply to
Vamp

Excellent :)

Reply to
Nom

Yep, that was the one. The 182 sounds even more fun.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar