Cool or not

I would.

But I'm sad that way.

A mate of mine had one years ago and loved it, but his wasn't a turbo.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

A posh, fast, Tipo.

What's not to like.....

Don't know what pictures the seller is looking at, though:

'AS THE PIC SHOWS IT IS IN GREAT CONDITION BOTH INSIDE AND OUT WITH JUST A LITTLE DENT ON THE DRIVERS WING AND A BIT OF LACQUER PEEL ON THE REAR SPOILER'

Looks like a neglected, faded, shed, with scabby wheels to me.

And it's not worth what he's asking, IMHO.

Reply to
SteveH

If it's anything like my old 1990 Delta HF Turbo IE it doesn't matter if the underside is pristine, which mine mostly was, it went in other oddball places such as the back edge of the roof which is rather more difficult to repair. A bugger if the main floor pan is great but the roof is rusting through from the inside. Best to look at Lancias of that period all over in detail to try and spot signs of rust in places you wouldn't expect. I've seen some Betas HPEs and you just had to ask WTF as they were rusting through the tops of the rear wings next to the tailgate and along the roof join.

That said, I like the Lancias I have driven, Beta and Delta, as their character suits my tastes and would have one again if the rust wasn't an issue.

Reply to
David Billington

I think the place all Tipo-derived stuff goes is the lower portions of the front inner wings.

That's where my 155 went, despite everywhere else being 100%.

Reply to
SteveH

I had three of those while I was at university. Red is the worst colour - they turned pink and paint always flaked on the spoier. Best is metallic black. Stays looking nice and seems to offer a bit better rust protection too.

Engine sounds nice and is quite torquey but it is thirsty. 9mpg if you thrash it and you will never see anything near 30mpg. To be honest though, 165bhp from a 2.0 turbo is a bit weedy. That said, they are very strong engines that don't mind a bit of boost fettling. Make sure the recirc dump valve is working properly, it sounds like an owl going twit-twoo if it's knacked. If you buy it I will give you my Bailey "sneeze" atmospheric DV.

Electrics can be a nightmare.

To be honest though you are better off with a Rover 620TI, unless it's imperative that you enjoy full (including ceiling) Alcantara trim or Italian-ness.

I bought my first one for =A3850 and sold it for =A31000. The second I got for about =A3300 but with a short MOT. The third, I don't remember what I paid for it but it wasn't much - red one like that but newer with a catalyst - swapped that for a Rover P6 in the Lock Stock colours.

Reply to
fishman

delta was cool that isn't but that's my opinion

Reply to
Vamp