Corsa SXI 53 plate 1.4 16v

Would a set of Boss XL300 fit on this car???

Thx in advanc :-)

Reply to
Stuart Greig

No bloody idea. If they're available in the right PCD and offset then you'd have to be very careful about size.

Can't see the point - they look s**te and will make it handle even worse than it does as standard.

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, in the rear parcel shelf, but watch the power rating on the stereo.

Reply to
james

Yup, if they're Vauxhall fitment (ET49 offset as well). 17s will land straight on no trouble with, if i recall correctly, 205/45/17 tyres - but it was a few years ago when I was part of 17s on a new Corsa so check that somewhere else as well. They're a nicely designed wheel, and on my mates SXi 1.2 17s didn't really damage the ride and handling at all, the extra tyre width gave it very good grip as well. You could very easily argue they improved the way it drove as the tyre wasn't too skinny as to make the ride too hard and bouncy - just gave extra grip. The Corsa Cs aren't actually that shabby handling either (ignore Steve, he doesn't like mods and has probably never driven one anyway ;-) ).

In summary, yes in the correct fitment - I'd recommend 17s - 18s will go on with skinnier tyres though - again without arch mods...

Reply to
DanTXD

Erm, what does the parcel shelf and the stereo have to do with a set of wheels? Just as a matter of interest like...

Reply to
DanTXD

Well then STFU :-)

Anything from 15" to 18" with the correct tyres will go straight on without arch mods. BTDTGTTS. So, you don't have to be that careful...

They're a nice wheel - obviously these things are very subjective - and Corsa Cs don't handle particulary badly anyway. Predictable, safe, grippy.

17s on 205/45 tyres don't really harm the ride - and give surprising amounts of grip. The SXi/SRi models don't really need lowering either to get the full look on 17s - they fill the arches quite nicely.
Reply to
DanTXD

I wouldn't say they handle particularly well, and it'd be difficult to ruin the ride in one!

They do look ok on big rims though.

Reply to
Pete M

What a load of bollocks! 45 profile tyres will provide noticable increases in NVH, and mean damage to wheels at some stage is almost inevitable. As to wider tyres providing more grip, that would certainly be correct if there was any amount of power being transmitted through them...................but a 1.2 Corsa..............noooooooooooo.

Ken

In news:450b8341@212.67.96.135, Ken wittered on forthwith;

Won't be /that/ noticeable. The Corsa SXi runs 185/55/15s anyway, and the shock absorbers are pretty useless on them from new. Changing the wheels to

17"s will just mean that the Corsa will be slower accelerating, but it will go around /well surfaced/ corners at a /slightly/ higher speed.

Going to 17"s for cosmetic reasons isn't criminal. It's a waste of money, but well chosen 17"s do make them look quite good and that's all a Corsa is any good for anyway.

Reply to
Pete M

NVH? Noise, vibration, harshness? Heh.

The tyres may cause more noise, yes.

Vibration? How?

Harshness? This is also subject to the suspension design and wheel mass though. Lightweight larger wheels wearing a good quality tyre *can* feel very little different to standard smaller wheels.

Nothing is inevitable.

One, the amount of power has nothing to do with grip. It's how much power is being used that qualifies.

Two, read the subject.

Reply to
DervMan

"Pete M" wrote in message news:dKLOg.19804$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

I take your point..............surely then it would be better to spend your money on a decent set of shocks, that would actually make a worthwhile improvement, rather than spamming it up with a set of wheels?

Ken

Or... not spending anything and putting it towards the next vehicle?

Reply to
DervMan

Chris stevens again proves he can't read anything about the car in question yesssssssssssssssssssss.

Reply to
Elder

depends. A lot of the time, the insurance won't care about alloy upgrades if it has alloys already, when you tell them.

If it has upgraded suspensio or brakes that is a performance upgrade, and may raise the insurance considerably, or not be allowed at all.

LV formerly one of the most mod friendly insurers had a change from their underwriters. It went from "anything goes and we might even cover it for right suppliment and some conditions" to "The only modifications allowed are alloys, stereo changes, child seats and tow bars but they still must be notified".

Reply to
Elder

"Pete M" wrote in message news:iQIOg.19787$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Well no, but they're not like bambi on ice either - although I'd only ever driven the sportier models, which are quite a lot stiffer and low apparently.

Agreed.

Reply to
DanTXD

Compared to some peers, they're skitterish and inert at the same time, quite an achievement really. :-) A huge improvement over the previous generation machines.

Only with brakes to match. Otherwise they look pikey.

Reply to
DervMan

Haha I don't see his posts - but there isn't really any better way you make yourself look retarded is there :-). Thanks for leaving that snippet in there dude.

Reply to
DanTXD

There is a certain song by Derek and Clive, that I think Dan would enjoy very much!

Ken

What the f*ck ? :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Wider wheels and tyres don't provide more grip if you look at the physics involved unless the tyres are softer. As ken said in his fist 5 words his post was "load of bollocks!" and continues to demonstrate his lack of even simple knowledge of anything automotive.

Reply to
Depresion