Crazy WTCC Crash

Whoops.

I wonder what posessed johnny safety car to make a move like that.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

bit close for comfort!

Reply to
Vamp

I know Pau is tight but that was a mental move by the safety car. The race is on British Eurosport at 5:30pm today IIRC, so the English commentary might shed some light on what happened.

Reply to
Abo

It doesn't. They were as shocked as the rest of us. You know they should paint some lines down there so cars don't just pull out.

Reply to
Depresion

Apparently the SC was only supposed to be on standby, race control hadn't deployed it!

Reply to
Abo

The SC boards had just gone out along pit lane/start straight, possibly after the lead car had gone through though.

Reply to
Depresion

Well, the driver knew there was about to be an acident, you see...

Reply to
PCPaul