Damn i bought another Diesel.

Yep as above.

I'm now the proud owner of a 93 Clio 1900 Diesel.

Pics to follow soon but Black some nice wheels tailgate spoiler and the most uncomforable seats i've ever seen.

Plus points are although the 130k miles it has a full dealer service history and 2k of reciepts over the last 24 months

cost 270 quid with 6 months t&t

i'm actually for some reason beginning to think this could replace the cav completely rather than just a winter hack. i want it slammed on some nice wheels and then i'll make my mind up :)

Reply to
Rob

Will it run on chip fat?

Reply to
Conor

Is it a '93 Oasis? I have the petrol version. Those seats are terrible when driving for more than an hour at a time :-/ and the brakes are a bit pants really.

Reply to
Nicola

Are you new to the group? If so, welcome!

Reply to
Remus

Down, boy!

Reply to
SteveH

Thanks! Been reading the group for many a month posted twice I think. Passed my driving test two months ago and still on my first car *grin* already hankering after something a bit quicker and with more 'mod cons'

Reply to
Nicola

pmsl

Reply to
Theo

Can't help it man, my body mass is still 2% testosterone ;)

Reply to
Remus

Np :) What are you currently driving?

Reply to
Remus

The petrol '93 Clio Oasis as described in my earlier post :D - Where I asked if your diesel was the 'oasis' version!

Reply to
Nicola

But Remus never said he had a Clio, Rob did. (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

hehe yeah, I ment could you give some specifics such as capacity...etc ;)

And I have never owned a Clio, and I doubt I ever will!

Reply to
Remus

Ahhhh *embarrassed* - oh well there goes my first ng mistake LOL. Both names begin with R though so I was close!

Anyhow, it's a1.2 1171cc with only 4 GEARS!!! Very strange on the motorway doing 70mph in 4th gear -sometimes feels like the engine will either blow up or drop out of the engine bay

Reply to
Nicola

Having an engine drop out of the engine bay on the motorway: Don't knock it till you've tried it. (c:

(hic)

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Try doing 80, for 40 minutes. In a 1.2 4speed Skoda 120L (engine out back). It is a very odd experience. At first. then it seems the most natural thing in the world, and you try for 90.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, NeedforSwede2 decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Heh, very similar to the first time you do 140 in a 911... all seems fine until.....

Reply to
Pete M

... you run out of fuel...

Twice now I've been caught out by the fuel warning at high speed cruise - suddenly you realise it's time to find a fuel stop - quickly. 170 miles in the rover from full to "bing", 140 in the Volvo... both in germany...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh!

The B10 is good for >250 miles/tank at ~140-150mph cruise.

Hamburg - Flensburg, ~140 average, 168+ peak on around 1/3 tank.

40 minutes well spent. :)

Alistair J Murray