Dan.

Indeed.

I'll miss him, and all I know of the guy is what he wrote on here.

Reply to
Clive George

It's good to hear from you.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh, I think I only worked it out from lengthy late night/early morning conversations with Dan in the last year or so and I think I am quite possibly in the minority. (c:

It was a bit of an epiphany. So many things from over the years clicked together.

Dan put it to me that nobody ever asked, so they never lied. Tight northerners!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Cheers.

Looks to be the same old crew still here :)

How's everyone getting on ?

I've still got the Pug Coupe - put 40k on in the last two years, but it's never missed a beat.

Reply to
Nom

Hi!

Heh - having now said the pug is reliable you KNOW what's gonna happen!

We're all still here, I'm still running the diesel barge...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Good to see Dan's perversion for quick (well, ish in your case) French s**te lives on through you :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Hi there folks

Just one final message to send out to you all - the arrangements for the funeral are now in motion - it will take place at the below address:

East Riding Crematorium, Octon Crossroads, Langtoft, Driffield, YO25 3BL

It will be on Monday 20th April at 4pm - he wished me to extend a welcome to everyone.

If there is anyone that is not on his facebook friend lists that would like to know, please feel free to pass the information on.

The messages left on Dans wall have been amazing to read - to know him was to love him it seems!

Thank you to everyone

Andy, on behalf of Dan and his family

xx

________________________

Carl, if you need a lift over, it's my turn to drive.

Anyone else very near to this end of the M62 gimme a shout if you need a lift. (Obviously not too many of ya...)

Reply to
Pete M

I'll be there with coolant caps on.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

There you go. I didn't figure out that Dan telling me his brother had a

620Ti but now had a 406 V6 didn't click when chatting to Nom the next day, heh.

Good job I'm an analyst, eh? ;)

Reply to
DervMan

I *may* be there, depending on how some other shit I really can't put off pans out over the weekend.

If I'm not, we'll do the 'celebration' thing regardless eating chips watching the Clios at a BTCC meet at some stage soon. :-)

Reply to
JackH

Me neither but I wasn't as geographically close to them, so never met up with them so often.

Reply to
Elder

Good to have you back, even if it is under such sad circumstances. You sticking around again?

Reply to
Elder

Hi Nom, my condolances to you and your family, I dunno what else to say :( Dan was one of the few posters in here who I read every last post. He was enthusiastic about everything, a real breath of fresh air ...

S'not right.

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Need to book the time off but if that works, a lift will be great. Would be good to get as many of us together as possible for this.

Reply to
Elder

I can't be there in person, but I'll be there in spirit.

As for the wake, mine's cod & chips, salt & vinegar, ta.

Reply to
Adrian

sadly can't make it, can't get the day off that day otherwise would have made the effort but hope all goes well. i'll be thinking of dan and his family on monday to make up for my absence. Still can't believe it though....

RIP

Reply to
Vamp

Cheers Pete. I'll be there barring unforseen circumstances.

Quick directions...

Off the M62 at J37. Follow A614 "Bridlington" for ~30 miles until you get to Driffield bypass just after old Army barracks. Still following signs for Bridlington, on the 3rd roundabout turn left onto B1249 (Langtoft/Scarborough), follow through next village (Langtoft)and a long climb til you get to a roundabout. Turn right and crematorium entrance is 50 yards down the road on the left.

When going into Langtoft, you drop down a fairly steep hill with a reasonably tight right hander at the top then a left hander at the bottom which tightens quite badly. You don't want to be doing much more than 30 when you hit it as it looks a bit deceiving and where it tightens up is hidden by a grass bank.

Reply to
Conor

Hmmm.... must bring video camera for pics of unsuspecting UKRM / UKRCM members in the banks...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oh yes , please!

I'd really like to show my face , but don't think it's going to be = possible. :0(

--=20 Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

I ought to take a lesson from Dan and get out there and do something.

A sad loss, my condolences to family and friends.

Reply to
Peter Hill