DAS ist not gut

Hi folks

Failed my DAS test for the second time yesterday :-(

Those blizzards started during my test. When it came to do the emergency stop, I locked up my front wheel as I went over an icy puddle. I've had all my lessons in snow/ice/rain/extreme cold but this was the only time I locked a wheel up. Unlucky!

When I got back, my instructor was amazed that the test hadn't been abandoned. It was really bad, I couldn't see much at all visor up or down. Despite this I only got four minors.

I am gutted. I'm also gutted that it costs nearly 200 quid every time I do the test (80 for the test and 100 for the accompany to test), so if I pass next time, that'll be nearly 600 quid spent (lessons cost about 600 too).

What makes it worse? SWMBO passed first time :-S Major pride injury.

Reply to
fishman

Sounds blooming unlucky pal!

I know the feeling of failing the DAS it took me 3 times before I passed and I had a a rotten bit of luck on the first 2 attempts.

The way I saw it was it was a good learning expeirence doing the DAS and push on to the next one with that as experience :)

You'll never live it down with the mrs lol.

Anyway fishman good luck on the next time and hopefully this extreme weather will bog off.

Reply to
Stephen

Unlucky dude :-( Nevermind eh, chin up! M'sure you'll nail it next time!

£200!?!? When I passed mine first time, the tester that came out with me was in a car. He had no idea what I was doing and had to ask me to wait for him at one point as he'd been caught at a junction - that was 5 mins of the 20 used up :-)
Reply to
DanB

Oops, my bad, reply was meant for Fishman, obviously :-p

Reply to
DanB

Lol Dan don't worry I get it hehe

Reply to
Stephen

If you can do 30mph 2nd gear rolling burnouts, wheelie through the first four gears, stand it on its nose while braking @ 100 plus then they should just give you the damned licence. But they seem to think the opposite.

Reply to
Burgerman

Seems to me that locking the wheel then coping correctly with it, should count for more than not locking it - assuming extreme conditions, of course.

How are you supposed to *not* lock up on ice?

In a car test does the same thing apply? If you lock and quickly release, or even do proper cadence braking, do you fail?

Reply to
PCPaul