dash vents

you know what I mean, you've got a vent in the dash to blow air where you direct the little flap things

but what do you call them little plastic things that direct the air? flaps? fins? areofoils? what?

I need to put in a report so I need to know what they are called and I'm seriously blank as how to describe them this needs a quick answer chaps and chappeses

cheers in advance :)

Reply to
dojj

Flaps.

Reply to
SteveH

seconded.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I'll let them know you said so :) cheers lads :)

Reply to
dojj

Air flow directional manipulation aparatus.

Reply to
DanTXD

seconded for the haynes description

Reply to
Rob

Flaps? Pish....

I'd suggest 'directional vanes' is an approriate description. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Louvres

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Vanes.

Alistair J Murray

air vents is what i always callled them, well they vent the air :) my BMW manual just calls them air outlets

Reply to
Vamp

I thought long and hard about "Air flow directional manipulation apparatus" and then went for "vanes"

cheers for all the input :)

Reply to
dojj