Dear god that's fast.

Was out with a race driver in a competition 7 today doing a few laps and despite it being only a 1.3 pinto lump it was just so much faster than I had beloved possible, the way they go round corners it feels like you are going to be thrown out at every bend especially when he locked up on the way into Druids. What was shocking was that we were passed at one point though it was a Cobra on a straight and I think that 427 lump may have been a little more powerfull..

Reply to
Depresion

If it was a 1.3 then it probably wasn't a pinto. Such a thing does exist, but not in numbers worth speaking of. It's more than likely a 1.6 pinto or a

1.3 xflow.

Anyway - pedant mode off.

Yes - 7s of all flavours are quick, aren't they :-)

That's why I'm having another, although this time I'm building it myself.

So far I have

Chassis Engine - 1.6 Zetec Gearbox Diff, rear hubs, brakes and shafts front hubs, discs and calipers Rose jointed front suspension ( adjusts for castor and camber)

4 coilovers for the suspension trailing arms De dion beam Nosecone Scuttle Front wings Ignition - megajolt carbs - ZX6R Exhaust - stainless 4 into 1 Wheels

I need to add

Propshaft panhard rod Rear wings wiring - easy peasy in this case mould a seat out of polyurethane foam harness Cage

It's all good fun :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

All for the price of almost f*ck-all :)

Must say I'm impressed by your ebay Sk1llz, I bought a set of decent 14" alloys for the Locost for 4.99, bargain of the century 'til I tried 'em on and they were 2 different PCD's ;(

;)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Just out of curiosity, is there enough space for a straight 6 in one of those?

Reply to
conkersack

There are plans out there for lots of different sized "7"s, it's easy enough to make the front end a little longer to accomodate one :) The larger versions swallow RV8s etc. with no problems :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I don't know if this'll impress cos I know sweet FA about them, but my mates dad just got this on the road...

Try guess at the engine ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Well, it's an MNR Vortex....

Mmmmm, R1 ?

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Very possibly - is that a good thing?

Jesus that was a good guess! Yea - by christ is it ever fast... Loud too.

It's so awesome :D

Reply to
DanTXD

Brabus tuned twin turbo V12?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Veyron engine - YKIMS. Wonder how much they are...

Reply to
DanTXD

That's a very good thing, built by Marc Nordon, ex-touring car driver. I've been to his place a couple of times for bits, very knowledgable, impressive premises, and a good chap too :)

Was a total guess, R1's are quite popular at the mo' ;)

They are, I'd love to convert mine to a BEC. Mental power, silly redline, almost magically light, with a 6 speed sequential 'box as standard, but I know I'd find it difficult to live with, I do too many miles on the road in mine :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Errr, possibly, might need a wider nose-cone to fit the chassis once it's been widened enough, or even 2 stuck together ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Isn't that the same engine as the skoda?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hmmm, nice. I quite like straight 6 engines. One day I'd like to build a sports car.

Reply to
conkersack

Are these motorbike engines you are talking about? What do yu do about reverse in one of those?

Reply to
conkersack

Surely not much wider than a V8, and not much longer than an I6?

hmmm - could go for a rev-o-matic Ferrari V8 from the F430...

Actually you need a few : -

one with a crazy turbomotor - Hyabusa one with a V12 - Brabus or AMG one with a V10 - last years Honda F1 engine? one with a straight six - from a BMW M3 and one with a ferrari V8 in it. And round it off with a full on Roush supercharged 'stang engine in the spare.

=
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It's a 3.5 RV8 going into mine. ;)

Reply to
Depresion

2 options, companies make reversing boxes for prop driven cars so you have 6 reverse gears or some people use a starter motor to drive the rear axel backwards, so it's just depress clutch and press a button on the dash.
Reply to
Depresion

That has a sequential box, little gold thing it was, 6 gears forward and 6 back apparantly...

Reply to
DanTXD

Yea it got one that gives 6 reverse gears. Cost a few quid IIRC...

Reply to
DanTXD