Dickhead posts about EFI!

A self appointed "expert" on the chemistry of fuels and EFI "mapping" has suggested the "Mega-Squirt" system is likely to prove very effective!

Just had a quick look at the site and it seems that this high tech system only has 12 map points, and the person producing offers to tune customer cars, by fitting and driving car on the road................I think those 2 things really do suggest we are moving into the area of Ecotek and dump valves here..................good for a laugh though, and I can see a lot of chavs would be taken in by this thing!

Ken

I'm very impressed.

You had a 'quick look' and managed to completely suss out megasquirt.

Which site was it ? And which version of the firmware are you talking about, because that has a huge impact on what the ECU does ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

As Chris, AKA Ken, k, Gaspode always is :-))

Mike

Reply to
Mike

No such Pony. At least no with Safe search on. Did you mean Megasquirt? That is 12x12 (which when I was at school) is

144 map points for fuel. And the same for ignition.

Oh and which version?

1,2,3 PCB? MS1 or MS1 with MS2 daugher board? Ultra Mega Squirt? Megasquirt'n'Spark? Megasquirt'n'spark-extra? Microsquirt? MS1 with MegaJolt?

Do you even know. I doubt it.

Reply to
Elder

The fact that it only has 12 map sites, and the maker offers to "tune" customer cars on the open road, does suggest its a bit of a joke dont you think?

Ken

It does 144 map points. Nothing wrong with tuning it on the road as it has it's own tuning device.

Ecotek is s**te, but why do most, if not all turbo petrol cars have a dump valve fitted at the factory?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Sorry the fuel map shown on the site must be incorrect................it seemed to show 12 incremental RPM map points. Also seemed to be denoting something to do with vacuum...................sorry I dont understand this high tech Chav-Tune as well as you lot!

Ken

Which maker?

Reply to
Elder

Christecular cancer doesn't know the difference between a dump valve and a "recirculating waste gate".

Reply to
Elder

What the f*ck is a recirculating waste gate?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Ask him, he seems to think they are a much better bet than the dump valves that only chavs fit.

Reply to
Elder

I don't take issue with anyone, bar you. Who is the person you talk about? The one with 'far greater knowledge' than mine? I'm sure there are many on Usenet. You, however, are certainly not one of them.

Please go and chew on something poisonous.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Well! a ****head has indeed just posted about EFI!

Reply to
Mark W

Chris, please please answer the following:

What is/are the difference(s) between a car moving along over a fixed road, and a road moving along under a fixed car?

How might any difference(s) mentioned above be catered for?

By what means does a rolling road dynamometer actually generate fuelling and ignition timing maps for a microprocessor controlled engine management system?

Your greatest admirer,

Rachael

Reply to
Rachael

You can easily vary the RPM to establish the fueling at specific map sites, but interested to hear how you accurately change MAP when maintaining constant RPM, while driving a vehicle on the open road?

Ken

Not quite as good as that high ethanol fuel favoured by top tuners though....................lol

Ken

Please go on wasting your money on chav bolt ons that dont work!

Ken

Yes Chris, enlighten me too please, what is manifold absolute pressure pressure? Perhaps you could have the balls to answer my other questions too? As for being a chav-tune gizmo; just like you, no chav would have a clue where to start with MSquirt.

Bloody hell this is poor sport - you can't even make a half-decent fist of being a troll.

Reply to
Rachael

"Go on wasting"..excuse me?! Where, and at which point, did I mention that I have bought any modifications for a vehicle?

I drive a company owned 54 plate 330Ci. Completely standard. I have no authority, nor inclination to modify it.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Ms squirt seems the ideal chav bolt on to me..............the fact that it doesnt work and is likely to be almost impossible to set up qualifys this in my view.

Ken