Diesel? That's for Teachers and Coppers, you Muppet

One of my teachers at school had a Pontiac Firebird. Don't think that was a diesel.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

my science teacher had a rover 100 and i don't mean the metro shit thin, this thing was a big grey tank lol

Reply to
Vamp

Not a 100, then. 105 or 110, possibly. Both nice cars that the current 75 takes 'design clues' from.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My Mum, a teacher, now retired, has never owned a diseasel. She hired a Pug405 TD once and declared it gutless.

She did however own 4 transaxle Alfas - 1.8 Guilietta, 2.0 GTV, 2.0 Alfetta, 2.0 Guilietta...

She strongly approves of my taste for large V8s too.

:)

Alistair J Murray

Must be a Murray thing, as I agree wholeheartedly with you both.

Diesels are for penny pinching, no fun to be with, cheapskates.

Reply to
Pete M

I'd potentially be up for it depending on dates and stuff.

How much space do you have? Enough for me and Dan to bring some wee little RC cars? :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Wrong Thread Alert !

:)

Reply to
Nom

I'd have one, and I'm neither of the above !

One caveat though - it'd have to make at least 200bhp, and live in a sensibly-priced modern used car. Which unfortunately, leaves me to choose from a selection of slightly less than f*ck all - so I'm lumbered with a 3.0 V6 Petrol lump instead.

:)

Reply to
Nom

He's been sniffing ford gold paint fumes again :)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

you can chip a volvo 2.4 D5 to 200bhp :)

Reply to
Vamp

Yep - but I want ~200bhp as standard, so I can chip to ~230bhp :) I'll prolly end up with a 330d at some point...

Reply to
Nom

Test of a chipped 530d in Autocar this week. Think they said it's the fastest diesel they've tested. 0-60 in about 6 seconds.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

that would be comedy to watch as it hugged my MR2's boot :)

Reply to
Vamp

Alpina Diesel twin turbo. If you can handle a left hooker.

?make=(2)&range=(40)&model=(94)&gen=E39%20(96-03)

Or one of these

or maybe this

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yep, that's the one. See the 535d too - same engine, but with twin alternate (sequential ?) Turbos. A small one for no lag, and then a large one instead (not aswell !) once you get up the rev range. Very nice :)

Reply to
Nom

Ah. Sorry, it was a 535d.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I love gold

Reply to
Carl Gibbs
[...]

Yeah, but you can do what I did and buy a V8 petrol one with >100bhp more and the steering wheel where you'd prefer.

Works for me :)

Alistair J Murray

Git...

What's your fuel consumption anyway? ;)