Dipped Beam Height

Noddy question, I'd think that common sense would rule, but sometimes I lack it... I need to do a crude alignment of our new ChavLights dipped beam :) when it is a bit darker. Main beam is set okay, so I'm supposing to punt the dipped beam at around one third up the main beam projection...

Any pointers?

Reply to
DervMan

It's going tomorrow morning - I just need to get to work without stuffing it.

Got the new tyres on, by the way, can now go around corners! :)

Reply to
DervMan

Got any pics with the new lights in?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Just one. I'm not one hundred percent satisfied with the drivers' side fitment, but here it is:

On dipped beam, the lights are longer ranger but not quite so broad (standard lamps have a very broad range). On main beam, they're *@!#ing bright!

Reply to
DervMan

I think the usual thing is to point the car at a wall and set the beams so they hit the wall at the height of the lights, assuming it's all level and that stuff.

Being aware that the lights will go up on the left, naturally.

Reply to
Questions

I take it the Lexus rears have already been ordered?

Reply to
SteveH

Heh, I actually like Morette lights. Had a set in the Cossie. Would put some in the Sierra, but it's "Q car" status is already quite easy to rumble with the Cossie wheels, bumper and stuff. The 1.8 LX badges on the boot have put a stop to most of the tailgating Corsa muppets though.

Reply to
Pete M

Absolutely not.

Not only should they now be called "Muppet" or "Mazda" lamps (because so many of both have 'em) but they look appalling on anything other than silver / black cars anyway.

These are a nicely functional upgrade.

Reply to
DervMan

No, no no, they are bloody hideous and chavvy.

Not purposely trying to sound harsh. But that is looking awfully chavved up now...

Reply to
Andy R

Heh - Morettes should be called "polarising lights," people love 'em or hate 'em.

I'm... getting used to them. :-/

Reply to
DervMan

I don't know why. But saying morettes conjures up "torettes" in my mind. As in people have random uncontrollable outbursts of CHAV and SCUM:-)

Andy R

Reply to
IcEY

Hehhehehee! Me too.