Do Luck Double Six wheels stolen from EA Games promo Sumo Power 350z ... In HULL

Hi all.

Last night just outside of Hull, the car was on a trailer waiting to do a show today and this morning the wheels had been stolen. The guys whom took them jacked the car up ON the trailer to steal them.

The wheels were Do-Luck Double Six's, in Chrome with Toyo T1-R tyres.

The wheels have the wierd offset which will only fit a 350Z, anyone who is offered these wheels, please get in touch.

We have only ever sold 6 sets of this type of wheel in the UK so they will be obvious to spot, this particular set was made special for EA. They also left behind some of the special wheel nuts which, you need to install the wheels ( they only come with this wheel from Japan ) so they will find it hard to install too.

Reward offered for thier return, car is at Max Power show next weekend as the star of the show for the event - and we cannot replace the wheels in time ( 6-8 weeks from Japan ).

Anyone reading this from any other forum, even non Jap sites, please cut and paste it everywhere for us or link it, the a-holes that stole them wouldnt know they are only for the 350Z so doubtful they could use them on anything else, we just need them back.

The car is insured and they will be replaced later on, thats not the issue, the issue is the line up of dates for EA promotion in various countries in Europe.

Typical, the car has been to 6 countries so far, all without incident, we take it to Hull and some mindless prick steals the wheels probably not even realising that he has just stolen one of the most famous set of wheels in the country.

10 Copies of EA's New game : Need For Speed Underground 2 up for grabs to anyone who gets the wheels back.

Thanks all, I doubt we will get them back but worth a try...

Andy Barnes

Peter Hill

Come on Tim, they won't fit the Volvo, give them back.

Reply to
DanTXD

Any one want a good set of wheels Do-Luck Double Six's, in Chrome with Toyo T1-R tyres, never used. See my Ebay page. Supply your own nuts. Also see my other page for pirate copies of NFS UG2, free wheel nuts with every game.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

but they WILL fit a nova

i've got a tig that says so :)

Reply to
Rob

10 copies of a mediocre game for a set of wheels? Seems a bit mean to me I bet the game doesn't cost more than a fiver a copy to make including the packing so £50 would be less than one of the T1-R's is worth.
Reply to
Depresion

Hello, PLEASE NOTE - this reply was not spammed across the many newsgroups the original was posted.

If I had anything that valuable I would take the required security procedures to protect it. This is just common sense, unless there is some insurance policy in force that will pay more than the insured items were really worth? I am assuming the non-standard/specifiaction parts were declared to the insurance company? When will people learn that the person pinching stuff is probably a junkie or wannabe boy racer that doesn't have a clue about offsets etc or any other specifications. They will take anything. A proper security system should have been fitted in the first place and anything that valuable or unique should have been suitably protected.

Reply to
v2

He's not trying to buy them, he's already done that...

Reply to
Questions

Hmm, I saw only three, reasonably on-topic, groups, and since they're not selling something... It could be a thinly disguised advert but as they're saying these wheels will not fit any of our cars its not a very effective one.

Er... yes, the original says the insurance is fine and the replacements will be paid for. What they're supposed to be doing with them is a promotion for LFS or something similar and this car is obviously a centrepiece of some sort. It's tantamount to a tomb raider promo where someone has nicked the fake Yayas that the model Lara Crofts prance about wearing, and they're saying the factory where the Yayas are moulded takes two months to puff up some new ones, so please can they have them back?

The appeal is evident enough, the wheels are useless to the thieves as they only fit one particular car type and they've not taken the special nuts needed to mount them anyway. So they've little to gain from spoiling the roadshow which will be less fun for the punters if the car has some sort of naff Halfords on as a temporary measure, the replacements taking months to ship over from Japan.

I don't see what the problem is here, it's a pretty reasonable request IME although I doubt it will turn up trumps.

Reply to
Questions

Why not ?

There's nothing wrong with crossposting.

You should probably obtain a definition of the word "spam" too.

They did.

Of course.

Er, they know that. Their wheels have just been robbed !

It was and it was.

Reply to
Nom

Agreed.

It seems a perfectly reasonable request to me ! And I can't think of anywhere more on-topic than car-modifying land !

Reply to
Nom

The wheels are nothing special. Get over it.

Reply to
fishman

tosser, you get over it when someone steals your wheels, and u cant drive to work do to massive kinetic friction.

Reply to
Theo

Theo (theo*+*@*+*letsblowitup*.*com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Somebody's missing the point...

There's plenty of 350Z wheels going to be available off the shelf or in a day or two. The insurance'll pay the loss.

Reply to
Adrian