Does the panel approve?

I haven't tried coffee from anywhere for the last three decades - foul stuff. ;-)

As will the burns be on your legs if you drop the contents into your lap should the proverbial 'It was a fox that done it, oscifer... it ran out in front of the car' moment happen.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

That's the best argument for decent cup-holders yet ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

These days companies have more motivation to look after their employees, as jobs are much easier to find than in the past due to the net, etc.

Fortunately, my director agrees with me that giving an employee a nice, comfortable working environment is actually quite important if you want happy, motivated and dedicated staff.

Reply to
SteveH

Erm, which bit of 'Driving along swigging, then something making you do an emergency stop', is that you didn't get. ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

And apart from reps, not many people buy Passats.

As you say there are legions of cars with stereo controls on the wheel. But, since SteveH's pimped cupholder ride doesn't have them, they're not needed. Uh-huh.

Reply to
DervMan

Just as the Top Gun dash is only needed because you have one, you mean?

Reply to
SteveH

The only motivation they have is if enough employees / potential employees, refuse to work for them if 'you expect me to drive that cupholderless thing???' ;-)

Floaty bloaty new carness - it's all *your* fault, you know.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Mr B5.5 :-P

Reply to
SteveH

Hmmm... didn't buy it for its cupholders or soft touch dash now, did I...

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

That's not been around since the last W124 or possibly the early 90's SL.

S'foot operated. No-one uses 'em because most Mercs are auto.

Reply to
Pete M

umbrella? ella? ella? eh? eh? eh?

lol

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Ahhh, still, it's the same end result - more room for 'stuff' between the seats.

Reply to
SteveH

Lol. Silly sod :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I have a climate controlled working conditions, leather seating, excellent ergonomic comfortable control surfaces, gigahertz of computing power, and twin 24" screens.

Best thing is, I have an almost infinite number of cup holders, it is called a desk.

And I get to focus my working day on working and making money for me and my employer, not switching lanes and tailgating the car in front.

When I drive I focus on driving. When I work, I focus on working. Much more productive than trying to do two things at the same time badly.

Reply to
Elder

And a variation in the Lexus.

Reply to
Elder

Yes, well, if you're happy driving a desk all day, every day, then good for you.

That would be my own personal hell.

Reply to
SteveH

I get to play in the server room, travel to the data centres, visit the other offices setting up new staff, or fixing the idiot breakages of the other staff, so hardly desk bound.

I'm just not working when I'm driving. I'm working when I'm working, and driving when I'm driving.

Reply to
Elder

So would driving a car with no/inferior cupholders actively annoy you?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Not really, Saabs had useless dimples on the glovebox lid. Octavia had one useless holder.

The GT4 ones got in the way of the gearstick. The lex ones have been used, but mainly to hold a bottle of pop while visiting alison in hospital straight after work. But I could just as easily have used the door bin like I did in the Octavia because the holder was so crap.

I rarely drink coffee when I'm driving. If I'm going any distance, I take brew/loo breaks as something I should be doing to take a break from driving. I don't even own a thermos mug.

Reply to
Elder

And Lexus.

Reply to