Does this only happen to me?

Spent most of this morning cleaning Ye Olde Golf because some C**T said "I'll be there to see it at about 2pm", sounded dead interested he did.

Valeted it, took out the CD player and installed an ol' tape deck I had lying around, put the original, uncut parcel shelf back in,.

Spent the next half hour or so doing loads of those little jobs that I'd put off for the last 12 months, or basically just put up with because I couldn't be bothered doing them before. Silly stuff, the cold start valve connector (fixed c/o tiestrap) the temperature gauge sender (fixed by crimping the connector on a bit more), checked the oil, actually put some antifreeze in.

Bastard never showed up, didn't ring, not a f*ckin peep.

Problem is, now the Golf looks better than it has for ages, has most of it's little annoying foibles ironed out, and actually ticks over without doing the traditional "Mk2 Golf self blippage" at traffic lights. I don't want to sell it, but I have to because of the Sierraver project :-(

Anyone wanna buy it, before I do something silly, like keep it for another year?

Reply to
Pete M

Don't sell the Golf *sniff*

if i had the cash i'd have it, love the old Mk2 Golf, i almost got one but was put off by high insurance :(

Reply to
vamp

vamp waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

tis a mere £350.. It's a shame to actually have to sell it :(

Reply to
Pete M

vamp waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Reply to
Pete M

Got any pics, and remind me of the spec / price etc.

On a slightly different note, I managed to blag a go in my cousins new Saxo VTR yesterday... excellent fun, and I wish I could afford a VTS!

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I'll sort some fresh pics out.

It IS, Left Hand Drive, starship mileage, silver, B reg, 3door, 1.8 GTi 8v, good condition but not perfect, MOT Feb, Tax til new years eve. £350. Drives really well, Bilsteins, lowered sensibly, few upgrades here and there, looks bog standard.

Reply to
Pete M