Don't laugh but...

I'd like a decent exhaust for my 1997 Rover 620 Si. Summat like Janspeed etc. Any ideas? Can't find anything on the interweb.

Reply to
Conor

Have you had a gander at

? They stock all sorts, got my last two exhaust systems from them. If they've not got them on-line, phone 'em up and have word. Helpful bunch.

Reply to
Snapper

Ignore the Max Power stylee pictures... my mate had a bespoke one made up for his Skyline engined S13 200SX - looked like a decent job well done, to me.

Reply to
JackH

Make your mind up, would you like a decent exhaust or a Janspeed ?

Reply to
LordyUK

Nah ... what you want is an exhaust of a late 80's bmw. My 730i is 17 years old and still on its original ... and theres no sign of any rust forming around the system welds either.

Is the floor of a rover man enough to support a bmw exhaust??

:-)

Reply to
Mr Fix It

Not if it's attached to the rest of the car, I don't want it.

Reply to
DervMan

Probably be 3.5 feet too long anyway!!!

Reply to
Mr Fix It

Why? The chances of an aftermarket exhaust system doing anything more than making just some more noise is remote. An decent SS one will last longer, but that's about all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They can last longer, look nicer, sound nicer, and barely cost anymore than a stock one.

Reply to
DanTXD

Cheers one and all...looks like a trip to Scunny.

Reply to
Conor

I was thinking that the extra weight would slow me down... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Aye it's Rebel Power Pipes, just off Normanby Road. The number is 01724

279880; tell Deepak that Dervy sent you. Then you'll probably have to explain who Dervy is... heh...
Reply to
DervMan

Because they last for ever.

Er, exactly :)

Reply to
Nom

I'd love to know where you can get an SS one for the same sort of price as a mild steel replacement - unless you're using main dealer prices including labour as your reference.

And the other thing is that many SS replacements are noisier than MS - and that noise may not be pleasant.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Do Janspeed make SS systems? If so, sorry. I thought they were 'performance' exhaust makers.

But may not be as quiet as an MS one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He did say stock one, rather than pattern replacment.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

It'll make a big difference on mine. The standard strangled 2" system tends to get replaced with a 2.5 or 3" system in stainless, even if it is off the shelf, or custom. But then turbo systems do like slight increases in bore size (not just the tailpipe).

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

I don't think I've ever seen a none-stainless "performance" exhaust ?

You're not wrong. Good job when you get a Powerflow built, you can choose whether you want loud or quiet...

Reply to
Nom

It's a poor show if someone has to say "Don't laugh" when they're asking about an exhaust :(

Reply to
Nom

Seriously? Most boy racer ones are MS.

Reply to