drifting clip with a difference

it's a freaking tank!

Vamp

Hmm why choose to give a URL for a YouTube clip via a webshite that takes forever to load and produces a URL three times the size of a YouTube link?

Anyway, that's kid's stuff, look at the Challenger II drifting in the opening scenes of this Russian documentary.

Steve Firth

sorry i aint a pikey and the clip loaded up fast enough here i was to lazy to find it on youtube myself or post the youtube link...

Reply to
Vamp

It was the glacial speed it tok for the site to load, not the clip.

Reply to
Steve Firth

fantastic!, shame about the music tho, would have been nice just to hear the engine and track noise.

james

Reply to
john doe

the most amazing thing about watching modern tanks is the way the turret swivels about keeping the same aim point while the vehicle is flat out bouncing up and down all over the place, i bet there are a few old panzer commanders watching films like this and thinking "f*ck, what could we have done with a few of them?" lol

ot, does anyone know how to save a video from youtube?

TIA james

Reply to
john doe

OTOH a few of those old panzer commanders would have cacked themselves over modern anti-tank munitions. It really doesn't matter how thick the armour is, nor how reactive it is, the oppositiuon can peel a tank faster than they can open a sardine can.

I can remember a few years ago having a nephew who was a tank commander visit my place of work. One of the people I worked with said "oh we have a special name for people like you." when I introduced him. "What's that?" he asked. "Targets."

In Firefox install GreaseMonkey from the Firefox addons pages. Then go to:

And download the Google Video Getter and YouTube To Me scripts.

GreaseMonkey can, with the aid of a suitable script, rewrite web pages on the fly to add features to them. In this case you get links added to Google and YouTube that will download the video when you click on them.

They are downloaded as FLV (Flash) videos, so you will also need Super:

To convert those files into something more useful.

If you are at all interested in video on the PC you should have Super. It's one of the best video standards conversion tools around and it's free.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Or in IE paste YouTube link in here -

Again FLV files to convert.

Reply to
Iridium

Pah, all that hassle.

In OSX - open the Safari activity window and double-click the flv file to download it to your desktop.

Reply to
SteveH

Then sit and stare at it, since you'll need a player for it. And if you try to use ffmegx to convert it to a movie, you'll be left with a file with no sound.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well, yes. You need a player. However, there's very little faffing to get it downloaded, which appears to be the main issue on Windows.

Reply to
SteveH

Copying and pasting one link is indeed some serious leg work.

Reply to
Iridium

Well now you know how lazy these mac users are.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It is when the page takes that long to load. I could grab a whole Youtube clip before the javimoya page has even opened.

Reply to
SteveH

There are probably other pages that do the same thing. That one loads instantly here anyway.

Reply to
Iridium

I'm so lazy I don't even have a job!

Reply to
Douglas Payne

cheers

james

Reply to
john doe

You wouldn't get me in a tank on the battlefield. Even a couple of blokes can carry enough firepower to take out even the best armoured vehicle...

say nowt of the current generation of "smart" weapons.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdR0rA9VBrI I reckon the hayday of armoured vehicles is over :)

Reply to
Tony Bond