Dump valve in a Saxo?

Saw a saxo driving the other day and it has a dump valve! is it possible to buy the fake ones? ones that jsut make the noise or something?

Reply to
-=TheMarkyG=-

In article , snipped-for-privacy@sparrowwycke.eclipse.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

There are a few Saxo turbo conversions.

but only a few.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

I think DP motorsport have a Saxo Turbo conversion, but I would trust them as far as I throw my Saab with one hand.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I'd guess from the description that this was probably a Saxo fitted with an Ecotech. Makes a slurping noise, err that's it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In article , usenet- snipped-for-privacy@malloc.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Comonly compared to a duck farting I believe.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Everyone knows an Ecotek is better than a turbo anyway. And possibly just as good as a Surbo.

Reply to
Mark W

What if it was real? And its a pukka turbo conversion? Why would that make him a sad wanker?

Saxo's are very capable little hatches, one with a 1.6 16v Turbo making a nice 180bhp or something would be plenty nice.

Reply to
Dan405

Yes nice ... but obviously 9 out of 10 bmw owners will still say their 197bhp car would waste it.

I think the standard currency conversion is 2.1 saxos for every one lardy assed 3 series??

I wonder if an ax with 1.6 16valve turbo would be faster ... they are a bit leaner than the saxos.

Reply to
SDD

So, 9 out of 10 BMW owners are badge obsessed wankers :)

Yea, but we're talking about Saxos :) I doubt the AX chassis would be up to it anyway - 220 Turbo style, after a while don't they start to bend because they're over powered...?

Reply to
Dan405

thats only 8.4 bhp more than my 1.0 micra was.. and thats 8v!

Reply to
Ed

yea but u cheated.

Reply to
Theo

Of course. You just need some sort of air pump, that makes a whoosh noise.

Reply to
Nom

Nah, the EcoTek only makes a very slight noise. You certainly couldn't hear it on a passing car, with the bonnet closed !

Reply to
Nom

Yea, if we supercharge the Saxo as well then we'll see where its at :)

Reply to
Dan405

Well i've had to strengthen the inner wings on my ax. The paint started cracking all of a sudden and it was obvious something was flexing. I basically removed all the paint for several inches around the affected area, then patched it with 1.5mm zintec sheet. Then resprayed and now all appears fine.

Thats the first time i've had to weld patches on a car for reasons other than rust holes!!!

Hopefully the welds won't have produced brittle metal around them, which would leave my engine on the floor if they failed!!!

Reply to
SDD