During the office move, the boss hired a merc van. I made a strange discovery.

I used to love the smell of petrol, but I've noticed that the current supermarket blends smell different and actually make me quite nauseous.

But sticking a tenner of BP Diesel in the van, the smell was actually fairly pleasant.

Reply to
Elder

See?

Welcome to the Light Side.

Reply to
DervMan

Whereas LPG gas smells like turnips.

Maybe that's why it's so popular in Poland.

Or am I thinking of cabbages.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

It's a bit sweet for my taste and nothing beats 4 star when you can still find it. If only sniffpetrol wasn't taken we could start a rating site for different brands of fuel based on odour.

Reply to
Depresion

Even I've seen the light.

Reply to
Conor

Welcome to old age...

Reply to
Iridium

You're getting there too!

You were thinking about replacing the MR Clio with a FF 206 and it's rumoured that because the thought of snow and Clio meant not seeing old age! :-p

Reply to
DervMan

Dying young is rock n roll :) And the 206 was still a hot hatch heh. Granted though, less hot...

Reply to
Iridium

Amen to that.

Far less scary, therefore, doing it would make you a poofter... ;)

Reply to
DervMan

Nothing like smashing through the pearly gates backwards in a fireball.

Reply to
Depresion

Over lunch I watched the first of the current Top Gear and JC said something very similar.

Reply to
DervMan

In my defence, I've decided that Ghia suspension is too soft and it's going to be getting uprated quite soon.

Reply to
Conor

Did some 250 miles or so in Mum and Dad's 51 2002 Ghia X estate (2.5 V6 petrol) last week. It was a bit bargey hehe.

Reply to
Iridium