Elder, I've found your perfect motor.

Might be slightly out of your price range, and doesn't have LPG, but it's got Goth charm...

Near you as well.

Reply to
Pete M

WANT! seriously, that's the coolest car posted on here EVER! if i win the lottery i will buy myself one!

Reply to
Vamp

Here was me thinking top end cars like Lambo's were made of carbon fibre, but no, apparently they're made of fibreglass!

Reply to
DanB

One has to ask why? Why would they sell it?

Such a car must be made (and prepaid) for a customer. It's brand new.

Seems like the bankcrisis is hitting the UK too.

Elder: haggle about rear visibility!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

There was a racing series a few years back with Lambo Diablo's, marketed toward thick-wallet gentleman-drivers. Its prototype nicely clad in carbon and titanium, rolled out and when the pricetag was lifted, only the sound of running feet echood.

Lambo replaced all carbon by FRP, the unobtanium by mild steel and aluminium and slashed the price in three. They found some 15 customers to race it, which they claimed was even faster than the top-spec prototype.

I like -as everybody- Lambo's but the buggers tend to burn fiercly when crashed. Sometimes you don't even need to crash.

As with Lotus you can order each bodypart in the material wanted: a lightweight carbonfiber body for Sir's Elise? Only 15000 UKP...

Sound of running feet.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Wonder why they didn't make use of those turbos on the side?

Reply to
Abo

That is immense. I love it. Are those turbos hooked up? If they are I bet they really do spit flame.

Reply to
Elder

The photo's are of Z-Cars workshop, looks like they're going to be selling them as kit cars and this was just the first one.

Homer

They're not hooked up to the intake.

Reply to
Homer

Shame, a twin turbo flame spitting smallblock would be nuts.

Reply to
Elder

Yeah was wondering if that was them, when I saw the Mini in the background

Reply to
Abo

That's good and bad news together: good because it proves that Z-Cars has the ability to do a one-off job. Bad because they seem to have the time to do such an extensif one-off job.

I guess orders for bike-powered Mini's or Ultima's do not roll in every day and that carry-overs from the Batmann-car to what they do normally are far and few. Out of personal experience: not much profit is won over one-off-projects unless your job is prototyping.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor