engine conversion idea for SteveH

now that's what a track day 75 should be like mate!

Vamp

Posted it to the Alfa group a couple of weeks ago.

Looks very well done, but I'd want to substitute that engine for a Thema Turbo engine.

Reply to
SteveH

Thema Turbo engines are nowhere near as reliable, and you just won't get that kind of power out of one for more than a couple of minutes.

Reply to
Pete M

It's not all about power, though. It's about keeping it in the family.

Mind you, I'd probably try and go with BiTurbo power - might not make

500bhp, but it would fit and sound lovely.

The trouble with any conversion like that is that you're almost certainly going to have to move the gearbox to the front and therefore upset the weight distribution.

Reply to
SteveH

Be good fun to drive though, especially with less weight at the back...

Reply to
Pete M

It has a Colotti trans, if I'm reading the advert correctly. If it's in the front, that would mean some sort of custom case which would be a bit pointless.

My money goes on a custom colotti transaxle with the quaife diff in there.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle