Everyone happy? <1st Dec>

Just thought I would ask if everyone was happy??? Xmas coming up soon, lot's of drinking best time of year IMO.

Just thought I would try and cheer you misrable sods up :))

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

What's to be happy about? Christmas is coming up, it's an expensive time of year, there are more drink drivers on the roads so they are more dangerous and you are more lightly to get pulled for a spot check and if I don't go and close that window my fingers are going to fall of from frost bite. Bah humbug.

Do I sound like I need cheering up? ;)

Reply to
Depresion

lol :)

Reply to
Ronny

I'm not miserable - its wet, leafy and horrible on the roads, and i have a dodgy RWD car that likes going sideways at stupidly low speeds :D I have to say that the horrible steering and lack of power aside, i'm actually immensly enjoying the Ovlov!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The best driving i have ever had the pleasure of being involved in was in that brown, B reg piece of s**te :)

Reply to
Dan405

Well mine's a sporty red, so its even better :P

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Hum Bug

Dave

Reply to
Funkyman

getting some great sideways action in my MR2 :) needs a sudden turn and some gas in second to get it going though, to much damn grip in the tyres!

Reply to
Vamp

Best time of the year when it's cold wet and dark?

Give me an early summer's morning and a deserted country road...

Reply to
Dave Plowman

God you guys are car mad :)

Hijack a perfectly good OT thread lol

Reply to
Ron

"Ron" wrote

LOL, next week's debate:

"This house proposes Green Jelly has significant advantages over Red Jelly."

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Motorbike deaths have been a sore subject for me as well in the last year. My brother watched his friend get knocked into a ditch and killed in front of him late last year. A few weeks later, I witnessed a biker wrap himself around a lamppost. Despite being less than 5 minutes from the nearest hospital down a dual carraigeway the ambulance took nearly 25 minutes to arrive, by which time the biker was gone.

Reply to
Lordy

Ronny raved thus:

:: Just thought I would ask if everyone was happy??? Xmas coming up :: soon, lot's of drinking best time of year IMO. :: :: Just thought I would try and cheer you misrable sods up :))

Fuck off ;oP

Abo

Reply to
Abo

Reply to
Ronny

Very happy!

My girlfriend's birthday yesterday, which was fun (if a little expensive) and Christmas coming up... I've got 2 weeks off, a week of which I'll be snowboarding in Sierra Nevada. Wooooh!

On the flipside... I owe a large sum to my credit card company which I should really start to do something about... :-/

Reply to
Simon Burrows

Doesnt everyone mate, my Credit card is maxxed out :D, I really wanna go skiing next year, been ages now. Have a nice time

Ron

Reply to
Ronny

Been ages since I've been on snow, last time was 1999 when I was in 6th Form, I think. Can't wait.

Unfortunately it's all meant that car stuff has had to go on hold.. my in car pc is at a stand still (still need a nice VGA touchscreen to replace the excuse of a screen I have now) and my fetish for TRD parts has been cut-off in it's prime.

Oh well, there's always next month's paycheque :P

Reply to
Simon Burrows

The holiday will *really* help that, then. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I'm trying not to think about that one... sensible spending is gonna be a new years resolution *cough* :P

Reply to
Simon Burrows

Even old VW Beetles had 30bhp, finding something with less now is going to be hard.

50bhp for the first 3 years going up by 25 every 3 years from then on?

You could just make fully comp insurance a requirement as that should help keep the more powerful cars out of the hands of young drivers.

Reply to
Depresion