Exclusively modified car for sale! Bargain! Much cheapness!

You won't find any bling on this bad boy though.

It's my Maestro Clubman TD, merely being sold because I have two other (less economical) options at my disposal, and this insurance malarky is getting a bit pricey.

1993 L reg in nightfire red.

I'll start with the good:

MOT til September 2006 Recent genuine Unipart exhaust Recent matched Firestone tyres all round Recently had the rad, stat, coolant, oil and all filters changed. New front discs and pads within the last few months. Working OE stereo Sunroof (manual, and doesn't leak) Reasonable service history

Everything like the rear heated screen works perfectly.

Always starts first time, never lets me down, and gives good economy. It's actually quite a comfy old bus as well, and it has power steering which was always a bit of a rarity on these.

Also, the headlining is still in very good shape with no sagging - very rare on one of these in old age.

The not so good:

Like all of these, time is not kind to the panelwork - the rear arches and doors have obviously had a bit of filling done in the past, and then the previous owner has taken it upon themselves to cover them in some sort of non-descript matt black - doesn't look thick enough to be underseal as I first thought. The tailgate paint has gone flat.

Anyway... it certainly looks different, but not so much that it's really any more hideous than any other Maestro.

I want £225 for it, which is what it owes me overall - stuff like the tyres were replaced by the previous owner who must have lost loads on it when he sold it on to me.

It also currently has tax til November 2006 (just under £150s worth) left on it - I'll take £350 for it with the tax.

Based in Kent... genuine sale, and believe it or not I'll miss the old pile of poo once it's gone. :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

With the power steering? Damn. Yes but no. We're going to America for three weeks in a week... :-/

Otherwise, yeah I'd have it.

Reply to
DervMan

If you gimme a small deposit and promise not to sod about, I can hold it til you get back if you really wanted it - don't say yes or no now, have a think about it for a couple of days. :-)

Oh, and it's done 95k... not exactly a lot for one of these, and with enough stamps in the book to suggest it's genuine mileage.

Nice inside too, and no grot under the bonnet or in the boot that I can find.

No oilpainting, as they say, but I'm rather fond of it... it's just that I'm more fond of the recently acquired 216 GTi Twin Cam, and that's filling it's role as 'daily runabout'.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Yes, I remember those cars, how a company actually lasted as long making such complete and utter s**te I'll never know.

If you give me £20 I'll tow it away & scrap it for you as a favour!!

Anyone remember Hammond's 216 GTi on Top Gear????

Reply to
Roy Shaw

Too late, you already started with the bad :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Must admit it went from bad (maestro) to worse (clubman) to unrecoverable (TD)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

*cough* which way's up?
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And crap.

AN Racing had the nearest thing to a decent Maestro, and even that one's retired.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Clearly, you don't know the Maestro Clubman TD.

Spacious, docile handling, easy to drive, relatively cheap to fix...

Reply to
DervMan

*cough* Is that an Elk?
Reply to
DervMan

You're in no position to comment on cars ending up on their roof :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

That's partially personal preference.

Reply to
DervMan

That way (waves to picture of Ka on wheels).

Reply to
DervMan

Ours ended up back on all four wheels....

Reply to
DervMan

Hows the insurance coming along btw ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

No let's be fair - as a car, compared to any other car of the era, they're crap. Cheap now though :)

Reply to
DanTXD

One: It wasn't a 216

Two: It wasn't a DOHC

Three: It was a under a £100 special in that instance - go figure.

Four: If you think they're so shit, feel free to bring whatever it is you drive along to a track day soon, and I'll bring the 216.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

They were a far better car than the equivalent Escort or Astra etc. Much more room inside. Nice to drive, too. Pity about the rust and quality control.

Most who say they were crap have never driven one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, absolutely not. Compare the Maestro to the then-current Escort, Astra or Japanese box and it is spacious, refined, economical but slightly expensive to buy. Most had a great ride and superior handling too.

Reply to
DervMan

Making progress now...

Reply to