Exclusively modified car for sale! Bargain! Much cheapness!

To be fair, i've never driven a Maestro so i should probably STFU about now.

Reply to
DanTXD

Isn't that about the book time? I'd look on Parkers but i can't be arsed :) On paper though, 0-60 is under 8 seconds i beleive.

Reply to
DanTXD

Don't let that worry you! Remember the u.r.c.m motto:

"Shout it loud, I'm opinionated and ill-informed and I'm proud!"

:)

Reply to
Halmyre

Who needs facts when the alternative is wild speculation and conjecture based on an inkling in UKRCM :) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Try not to do it too near the car, eh... all that moisture might bring about more rust.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

So put your money where your mouth is, then...

I'm being serious.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

See... I like it when people who don't actually have a clue, fish on here.

:-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Probably not as tough as the armco.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Pissed posting is ALWAYS funny :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

OK then, the car has been superchipped & fitted with a Pipercross Viper kit, the car had the superchip already fitted when I bought it and although I put the filter on to give it a nice throaty exhaust note rather than for performance, but overall it does seem to make the car pull a bit harder. I still have the original Irmscher twin back box on as I think they look quite good as they are.

The 0 to 60 time of about 7.5 seconds is an estimate (stopwatch taken from vehicle speedometer), but it will hit 60 in second as opposed to the standard car. I've always ran the car on Shell optimax as well which I believe has been proven to give a modest power gain.

The standard 0 to 60 on these is 8.2 anyway, I dont think you'd have to spend 1000's to shave 0.7 off that do you? Although I think a cynical man like Lordy.UK would no doubt beg to differ..

By the way Lordy, what car do you drive??

Reply to
Roy Shaw

It'd probably be more than you might think. I can't be arsed to do all the finer calculations right now, but I bet it's more than you'd think.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Cutting out a gearchange to 3rd is worth that surely?

Reply to
DanTXD

In a VW TDI, maybe... ;)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The 216 / 416 were not bad handling cars, I reckon it would be closer than you think.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Welcome to the joys of businesses run by ministers and unions. The 200/400 were good and competitive but ran for too long, the replacements also. The

75 is an excellent car. MG versions sold well but too little too late.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Vauxhall are part of a vast multi-national (GM) which is going down the pan. Expect it to go the way of Rover within the next couple of years.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

WTF has that got to do with anything? I am quite capable of having quite strong opinions about things I know nothing about. It must be a gift.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

152bhp which equated to 0-60 in 6.7 seconds.

A relatively large amount of extra poke can be obtained by just adjusting the wastegate actuator arm, mainly because the standard 152bhp is generated by a turbo that's now considered a bit big for the application in hand - thus it didn't need to be running massive amounts of boost to get the

152bhp.

Your main problem then is if you're still running the standard intercooler, it tends to get blown apart. ;)

Their main failing is in the braking department - handling was good, as was traction - the 6.7 is achieved without the aid of an LSD or any traction control.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

From what I've read, Ford aren't fairing too well either.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Don't blame you re: the ancient and unreliable thing, but times have changed since the early-mid 80s. The vast majority of sub-£1k cars, as long as you pick carefully and don't go for something that's well known to be a pile of s**te, are every bit as reliable as much newer stuff.

Reply to
AstraVanMan