F1 nose cones

What sort of fastener do those things use? They seem to just slot on, but there must be more to it for the downforce to not pull it off...

Reply to
Doki

Whenever I've seen one changed, it has needed a couple of turns on what look to be Allen bolts to remove and replace.

Reply to
SteveH

Very little of the force will go through the fixings most will be taken directly via pegs between the body and the nose cone.

Renault there are 4 screws (probably with a very steep thread) that will just pull the nose to the body.

Depresion

Dzus fasteners, I imagine.

Reply to
Pete M

no more nails?

strong shit

Reply to
Vamp

This post shows how interesting todays race was. This is what the viewers were thinking about.

We had a long discussion over which car looked the best, and whether the tyres with a stripe looked better or not.

Reply to
DanB

It had so much promise, too. I fell asleep with the painkillers and woke up when (a) the cat jumped on me and (b) the painkillers wore off. :)

Reply to
DervMan