FA/FS: Talbot Samba convertible & Saab 9000

Under pressure I've finally given up with the Samba. So I've stuck it on eBay:

's also on Retro Rides:
info: 1984 Talbot Samba convertible, Feb 08 MOT, 70835 miles. It has been restored and the hood's recent. I've started eBay at £400 and set this as the asking price on Retro Rides. It'll need trailering/towing as it needs an oil pump or feeder pipe and I'm happy to help if needed. In addition I've changed my mind about claiming on insurance for the Saab. So it's available for offers. It'll need a clutch slave cylinder but the dent doesn't affect anything - it was also featured in two local papers! Must be a short news week. Details of this one at:
's a 1992 model with April '08 MOT, private plate, 2.0i, 165000 miles and was in excellent condition prior to the side scrape. There's 3 new tyres and it's been cared for my a couple of Saab mechanics from 2 Stroke to Turbo and an independent one. It stands me at £180 and I'll take anything close to this. Or I'll strip and scrap it. That's after it's gone to Berkshire this week since I need transport to get there.

Both cars are in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.

David

Reply to
David Lane

I think you meant 'gearbox in sump', not 'sump in gearbox'.....

Reply to
SteveH

Ta! It was late last night when I wrote this. Felt cathartic though.

Reply to
David Lane

Short info: 1984 Talbot Samba convertible, Feb 08 MOT, 70835 miles.> It has been restored and the hood's recent. I've started eBay at £400> and set this as the asking price on Retro Rides. It'll need> trailering/towing as it needs an oil pump or feeder pipe and I'm> happy to help if needed.>

Why haven't you said in the auction that the Samba is dangerous to drive, which you negged the original seller with?

Reply to
ThePunisher

> Short info: 1984 Talbot Samba convertible, Feb 08 MOT, 70835 miles.>> It has been restored and the hood's recent. I've started eBay at £400>> and set this as the asking price on Retro Rides. It'll need>> trailering/towing as it needs an oil pump or feeder pipe and I'm>> happy to help if needed.>>

Because I've had the remedial work done to make it safe. It does need the brake discs/pads doing, the calipers have been freed off.

Reply to
David Lane

>> Short info: 1984 Talbot Samba convertible, Feb 08 MOT, 70835 miles.>>> It has been restored and the hood's recent. I've started eBay at £400>>> and set this as the asking price on Retro Rides. It'll need>>> trailering/towing as it needs an oil pump or feeder pipe and I'm>>> happy to help if needed.>>>

and to be fair it does say it's advised to trailer it away

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

> Short info: 1984 Talbot Samba convertible, Feb 08 MOT, 70835 miles.>> It has been restored and the hood's recent. I've started eBay at £400>> and set this as the asking price on Retro Rides. It'll need>> trailering/towing as it needs an oil pump or feeder pipe and I'm>> happy to help if needed.>>

Because it's hard to drive a car whilst it's on a trailer, so it's unlikely to be a problem.

Reply to
Iridium

>> Short info: 1984 Talbot Samba convertible, Feb 08 MOT, 70835 miles.>>> It has been restored and the hood's recent. I've started eBay at>>> £400 and set this as the asking price on Retro Rides. It'll need>>> trailering/towing as it needs an oil pump or feeder pipe and I'm>>> happy to help if needed.>>>

Trailer comes free with it then? it advised to trailer away but you'll always get people want to drive it home.

Reply to
ThePunisher

That's their choice. And I *do* offer to help move the car in the auction. I've got a tow pole (not a trailer) and for the price of a train ticket back I'll assist. What more can someone do?

Reply to
David Lane