Fantasy "Noah's Ark" Garage

Alfa 75 and Rover 75 :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Ford Sierra/Dutton Sierra

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Geeze you're not gonna put an ugly unreliable car next to a rover...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Damn, that's another one I'd previously thought of but forgotten at the time of posting!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hardly the same difference when talking about an Alfa or Rover 75, but it'd be quite amusing telling someone you've got a Ferrari 360 Modena, and saying you'll pick them up from the airport (or even better, some really posh hotel/restaurant/event) in "the 360", only to turn up in a s**te old Volvo :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

  • Shelby Cobra Daytona + Triumph Daytona 955
Reply to
Depresion

Ferrari 400 and Rover 400

David

Reply to
David Lane

In that case...

Ford Escort, Ford Escort, Ford Escort, Ford Escort, Ford Escort, Ford Escort, and finally... Ford Escort.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

BZZZZZZZZZT! Wrong! Read again. I allowed a 100 / Mk1 A6 shape Audi S4 sat next to one of the later generations of Audi A4-based S4, as they're a different class of car, and *not* just competitors to each other. I allowed Fiat Multipla + Fiat 600 Multipla 'cos (I would assume) they're completely different families of cars.

But you with yer Mk1/2/3/4/5/6/7 Escorts? Yer cann'ae f*ok reet off, like!

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I dispute that - Mk1 Escort is a totally different animal to the Mk7, and the S4s were both aimed at the same market sector, just as the Mk1 and Mk7 cooking base models were, never mind those further up the range.

HTH.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Well I dispute that, because I can, 'cos I made the game and I make the rules up!

But surely the early, 100-based S4, was aimed at the 100/A6/5-series/E-Class market, and the later, A4-based one, was aimed at the "Junior Exec" market (i.e. 3-series/C-class/A4), meaning they clearly weren't aimed at the same market sector? That's like saying the M3 and M5 were aimed at the same market sector. Yes, they're both serious cars with screamy engines, lots of power, RWD and good handling, but they're in a different class at the end of the day, and that's that.

And yes, the Mk1 Escort is a totally different animal to the Mk7, but within the range they were knocking out at the time, it still fills roughly the same slot as the Mk7 did when that was new, and even the same slot in the market the Focus fills now. All this despite cars having got fat throughout the ages, the current Focus being roughly equivalent to an early 1930s Granada Hearse.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

100/A6/5-series/E-Class

People ate less pies then.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Almost as cheap? would expect a lot more than eight chips for two quid.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Exactly. So chips are cheaper. But you can't exactly compare a single chip with a pie.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Indeed. I myself ate two pies today. Extrapolating from this unique sample of one, around 120 million pies were eaten in the UK today. They were cheap pies that I found in the freezer yesterday that I'd forgotten about. Not much in the way of meat content, but almost as cheap as chips (£2 for 2 packs of 4). Cheap living is perfectly manageable when you've got fuckall money.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Yes and no. Beef type ones from Morrisons. Cheap (2 4-packs for £2) and not that much meat content (about 22%), but not too bad really. Had a couple of mince pies too actually.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Mince, I hope.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

There's only one true mince, in a pie terms.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The Audi 100 was called an S6 I thought?

It looked like this

There was a previous shape Audi RS4 which was an estate version of the old Audi Coupé but I don't recall ever seeing an S4 prior to 1996/7

I'm usually wrong though :)

Reply to
Ronny

Yup according to this pic, this is an S4 ?

Ronny