FAO: Car PC types

Hey all

I've been selling a batch of those funky digital photo frames. However, some of them are faulty, so I was wondering if there's any use for the

8" 800x600 TFTs they have in them, for Car PC use, or whatever.

Not much idea about interfaces and whatnot, but I can post pics of the insides if required. They seem to be connected to the PCBs via very thin ribbon cable with an almost equally thin connector on the end.

It's a gamble sending them back to the Far East for repair/replacement so I'm looking into salvaging something from them.

Any ideas?

--

1997 Rover 620ti for sale:
fishman

Sold out of working ones!!! They were between =A3109 and =A3115 + postage.

--

1997 Rover 620ti for sale:
fishman

How much are you doing the working ones for?

Reply to
Abo

Try MP3car.com either for selling, or for tips on getting them working. Although most people are using Linitx/Gain/Xenarc/CarTFT 7" or Gain 8" screens currently.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

If they're a TFT on a ribbon connector, chances are very low indeed that they'll be of any use if the other end's dead. Given you can buy new ones of that size for under a ton, it's unlikely to be a goer - which is a shame. Chances are high that without the appropriate, particular to that model, video driver hardware that the panel's not much use...

Reply to
Ric