FAO Dave Plowman

You about Dave?

Need some SD1 advice...

I've just bought a workshop manual to help with my tinkering on the car, but until it terms up I thought you might know the answer to this question - can you remove the remote gearchange assembly on the LT77 box without removing the box itself?

I'm hoping you can, as it would save me some hassle in the short term as I'll hopefully be able to fix the current gear change issue and renew the mounting bushes at the same time!

Cheers

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Where else with weather like this? ;-)

Yup. Simply get under the car and remove the four bolts securing it to the rear cover. And the reversing light electrics, obviously. You need to wiggle the lever to disengage the pin from the selector rod and that's it.

All pretty straightforward. In general, there aren't too many gotchas on these cars.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Heh, indeed!

Excellent, thats nice and easy.

Yeah, all seems quite easy. I thought I was gonna have to remove the box which would have been annoying. But hopefully I can get it off, sort out whatevers broken, renew all the bushes with poly ones and be left with a working gearchange that shifts much better than before!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Don't expect the shift to be particularly pleasant, though, even when perfect. Luckily it's not much needed with all that torque.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Even as it is it's better than some cars I've had, so I'm not too fussed TBH!! I can live with it and thats the main thing

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Work shop manual arrived today. Soooo much better than the Haynes, and will hopefully be the end of me bugging you ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs