FAO SteveH

He's 'aving a giraffe, right ??

To think mine cost me £105 quid as well.... It was a bit rustier right enough :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Ones with any metal are getting a bit rarer you know.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Hello,

I didn't th>

GT

That's mintier than an extra strong mint at a mint marketing convention......

Seriously, that's the cleanest Sud I've seen for years. If not ever. It's probably better than when it came out of the factory.

Even at Alfa club 'Concourse' events you're unlikely to see another in that kind of condition. Mega, ultra rare.

So, no, he's not 'haing a giraffe. It's a fair price for an absolutely spot-on classic.

Reply to
SteveH

Whats so special about it? Looks like a Golf, only its got a small engine?

Reply to
DanTXD

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

C'mon Dan, you're really not *that* clueless are you?

Reply to
Pete M

If you don't know, then you shouldn't buy it.

Known for rot and electrical problems, but forgiven all that because they are a fantastic drive, and if I'm not mistaken, the georgeous boxer engine sound barking away as you floor it.

Mate had one, had been his mothers, and it was his first car, electrics were strangely fine, but the bodywork was shagged.

Managed to creep it through MOTs each year until they brought in the "Dangerous bodywork" stuff. He tried gaffer taping over the worse stuff (used bloody loads), but when he went to pickup the car, he saw the fail certificate, and the comment "dangerous body work (see marked area)".

Went and had a look at the car, and there were 3 chalk circles one on each front door, and one on one of the quarter panels at the rear. No tape in site and a quick tap of the paint revealed no rust.

Went to see the tester(who he knew quite well as that garage had worked on that car since his mother bought it). Asked what was wrong with marked areas, the reply he got was "Nothing, it's all the areas outside the circles that are the problem". Just goes to show that testers have a sense of humour. Wasn't that bad, and today it would be restorable, but back then you didn't do full on restos of ALFAs if they were your daily driver, you scrapped them, or stripped them for parts for your next one.

He did buy another and bits of the old one lived on, He stayed with Alfas for ages, even had a GTV at one point, then went all modern and UK based, mix of fords and vauxhall shuvitts and real minis.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Light, handle brilliantly, sound fantastic, look great, strangely economical, and even though the noise they make is fabulous they're quiet on the motorway.

Definately the best handling FWD car of the 70's - before Pedants corner strikes up, I class the Mini as a car of the 60's even though it was released in the 50's.

Not the fastest thing on the planet, but a well driven 'Sud will put more smiles on your face than any of the sanitised new "hot" hatches that are available nowadays. You don't need 200 bhp if you've got something that's fun to drive and handles well without needing half a ton of ABS / TC / ESP / DSC..

Damn, this is making me want another Mk2 RS2000.

Reply to
Pete M

Indeedy - first car I ever punted backwards into a field!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And the first car I spun 360 degrees on a slightly greasy roundabout :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)