FAO the Audioisti / Golfisti

I'll be dismantling my Golf soon. Screen out and probably dash out at some point. So it's a good time to fit speakers as they're mounted just under the windscreen and they're a pig to get to with everything in. IIRC they're

10CM, but you can get door pods that mean losing a cubby but fitting slightly larger speakers.

So, being as I'll not be fitting speakers again, they better be good ones. Probably will be paired up with some Alpine 6x9s (6939s) if I can make them fit in the boot as I've already got them from a previous car, and I'll be hunting around for a new head unit.

So, anyone got any ideas what works, and whether having door pods down at the bottom of the door is going to give me a huge improvement over speakers bouncing off the screen? Components worth going for?

Reply to
Doki

You can swap the dash speakers over no problem with the screen in. Well I did with a short screw driver on the Jetta.

Reply to
Depresion

Looks like a PITA job to me. Might be doable but it's certainly easier with either the dash or screen out.

Reply to
Doki

I'd go for components - mid / tweeter in the dash and bass bins in the door pods. Bit of a hassle to wire up, but worth it if the pods are solid enough to kick out a decent level of bass.

Reply to
SteveH