FAO Tim Kemp

You were right. French cars are shit.

Reply to
Doki

Can we add that German cars are built better than everything else on the planet ? Except Japanese, but who gives a toss about them. (Or is that a bit predictable ? )

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

To be fair. French cars are alright, as long as you're buying a simple peasant mobile. If you're buying something modern with 15 computers, don't bother, unless it's very new and under warranty...

Reply to
Doki

As long as you're talking pre-2000.

Reply to
Conor

"Doki" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

PSA car.

Renaults really are shit.

Reply to
Adrian

They're so shit it's unfair on other shit things to call Renaults shit.

I had a C-reg 5. Good nick, fully maintained, service on the button. Headgasket went. Fixed that. It caught fire.

I had a E-reg 5GT Turbo. It caught fire of it's own accord in the office car park

My girlfriend (back in 1992) bought an E-reg 5, despite me telling her they were shit. To be fair, it did 38k miles in her hands until........... it caught fire.

My dad bought a brand new twingo out in Greece. It did 16,000kms, then, guess what??

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

My PSA 406 has had pretty much *every* common fault known for a 406 in less than a year / approx 20 thousand miles. It's certainly been the most expensive car to maintain that I've ever owned. And one of the dullest to drive (although the MK1 Mondeo I had would probably rival it).

Reply to
Doki

I never had a Peugeot, I preferred to stick to the Citroen side of PSA cars.(3 Xants, 3 Xms, 2 ZX). Apart from a snapped cambelt due to my own negligence, and XM suspension developing some sort of AI, I've never had any mechanical problems. Bits of trim drop off, but that's par for the course

Mike p

Reply to
Mike P

If that's your AutoTrader Ad then don't expect it to fetch much.

Reply to
Depresion

GLOL!

Reply to
AstraVanMann

Thank you

My work here is done.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

They're back to form now.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And yet, my poorly build diesel german luxo barge has so far cost me a water pump and a MAF sensor. It's about to cost me a brakelamp and a subframe bush though.

And it's good to drive, comfy and I'm not sick of it yet.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The final point being the most significant...

Reply to
DervMan

User error, mine were all fine and weirdly, the Renault was actually the best one :-)

Reply to
DanB

Your 405 was (with all due respect) a complete junk barn. The 207 was new an shouldn't have been anything less than perfect, and the Vee scared you too much to drive it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

How do you know? I sold it to one of my best mates, we're still best mates and he drove it for 3 years before flogging it on for a profit...

a 206.

I put 12k of 'for the sake of it' miles on it in 10 months... Including in the snow, where I managed (with all due respect) to not drive into a ditch.

And the 197 was even better than all of them!

Reply to
DanB

I quite like Renaults, but only the really weird big ones - Safrane, 30, Espaz.

Reply to
Pete M

*cough*
Reply to