fastest production car on ebay!

and it's not a veryon

Vamp

Where have you been, that is almost last years news.

Elder

Has it been on eBay that long?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

but if Bristol had some bottle, could rustle up a set of Goodyear LSRs and a place to have a go, the FIGHTER T may be quicker.

Peter Hill

BTW SSC is a familiar name. But it is Jerod Shelby, no relation to Carroll.

Reply to
Elder

Well, this story is even older.

And there was actually one for sale on autotrader Last April.

Reply to
Elder

Heh, I've read about it, as you say, ages ago.

I've also seen countless "European cars are so crap, expensive and slow" slagging matches on car forums wherever americans are involved.

Vamp's post was noteworthy to me because I don't expect these Ultimate Aero things come up on Ebay very often.

And although doubtless a 200SX could be made to go at least as fast for approximately 1/250th of the cost, I'd still rather have a Veyron.

(c;

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Yeah but what are the odds of one ever showing up on Autotrader, but it did.

Reply to
Elder

LOL serial number

1S9SA28447W944002

I take it that it's number TWO and they don't expect to make more than

999.
Reply to
Peter Hill

You have no understanding of physics and get upset by it's use.

Now you have demonstrated a lack of understanding of simple maths, approximations and money.

$575,000 / 250 = $2300 = £1610.

You may get a decent 200SX for that money but won't have enough to mod it to do over 250mph. Need a budget more like 1/8th, £50k, $71Kish.

Now maybe you have a source of cheap missiles or other rockets still with fuel, say mates rates £1000. Add a carefully selected car with damaged engine for £500. Need enough rockets to get peak of 120KN of thrust. Starting at 56KN thrust as 10G on launch wouldn't be very nice, staged/modulated in 4KN steps over 10.3sec to run close to 3G acceleration. Holding peak thrust for 6.5 secs. Then has to modulate thrust down over 4secs as 25G deceleration if motors were just shut off at top speed would be very upsetting. I'll let you pilot it and find out how fast that goes.... of course if you can do the physics you don't need to ride it to find out how fast it goes. (In my physics model I've used a launch mass of 1750Kg for stripped car + rocket motors including 550Kg of fuel)

but the solid wheels it would need would cost way more than £100 you have left.

Reply to
Peter Hill

You're right, and I don't understand artistic licence or satiric hyperbole either. (c:

So apart from the cost of solid wheels which I would clearly just rob off an old fork-lift, you've just proved me right?

You crazy Datsun loving bastard.

Reply to
Douglas Payne