fiat 2l 16v engine

ok guys modern 2l 16v fiat lump something like the coupes' came with in the early versions

what will i find them in

its a long story but part of me getting the wife to let me drop a red top in the nova was something similar happened to her punto

was looking at an integrale 2l 8v turbo not sure on mounting tho anyone in the know?

failing that a 1800 16v out a late model hgt

Reply to
Rob

Errr - Fiat Coupe - an early one before the 5 pot.

Also the Tipo Sedicivalvole - not that you'r gonna find many of them in a hurry.

I seriously doubt if it would fit in between the inner wings of a punto.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

That's not an HGT. HGT was the 5-cylinder.

Oops, worry - Punto HGT. Ahh, right. Thought you were talking Bravo. Doh!

Same engine is used in the Barchetta, and one of the Bravos, ISTR.

Also the Strada / Ritmo 130TC, Fiat 124 Coupe / Spider, Tempra, 131, 132 / Argenta, most 70s & 80s Lancias.......

Not too sure about that. I think the big issue would be bonnet clearance, to be honest. If the Barchetta lump fits in a new shape Punto, then I'm sure you could persuade the 2lt into a MkI Punto...... especially if you think that it fits in a Strada.

Reply to
SteveH

Integrale engine is about a mile high. Mega tall lumps for some reason.

Try looking for a Fiat Marea, they're worth about £5, alternatively, some Tempras might have the 16v lump in.

were all 8v, apart from the Fiat 131 Abarth.

I think you'll have trouble with the 16v lump, but a Uno Turbo lump will go in a Punto..

Reply to
Pete M

Ahhh, missed that bit.

Still, the 8v version is lovely. Very torquey motor.

Or a Punto GT Turbo engine, which was the same thing....

Reply to
SteveH

well wee update for you guys

after seeing a redtop shoehorned into a 206 i think the wifes punto is fair game to recieve a bit of vauxhall power :) :) not too hard

c20xe comes on a self contained loom so only stickler is making up 3 mounts and a pair of custom shafts ouch wont be cheap

anyone know somewhere i can get a pair of custom shafts made cheapest i see on the web is about 400 a pair

Reply to
Rob

I know for a fact there are several Lancia Themas with the 16v engine banging around. 20k cambelt intervals on any of the 16v Lampredis unless you like rebuilding heads and replacing pistons.

Reply to
fishman

Why would someone bother with putting a s**te vauxhall engine in a 206 when they could choose from several, superior, peugeot engines (GTi-6, GTi-180, Mi16 1.9) ?

Reply to
Dan405

Oh along the same lines, a mate of mine is putting the 2.0 8v vaux lump in a sunbeam, now that IS a conversion worth doing!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Why would someone bother with putting a s**te vauxhall engine in a 206 when they could choose from several, superior, peugeot engines (GTi-6, GTi-180, Mi16 1.9) ?

\

cost availability ease of maintenance familiarity

theres a 206 running around with a pair of redtops fitted :)

also seen em in golfs beemers and a 205 :)

Reply to
Rob

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Carl Gibbs decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I had a go in a 5.0 Rover lump with Weber Alpha injection in a Sunbeam about

8 years ago.. most excellent fun that was.

Also helped build a 2.0 Alfa powered one, and a V6 Alfa powered Avenger was round here for a while..

Reply to
Pete M