fiesta hub torque

95 Si how much does it go up to and in ft/lbs not that other french thing

cheers folks

Reply to
dojj

To convert Newton metres (Nm) to lb.ft multiply by 0.738. Or 3/4 will be near enough for most things.

Worth getting a convertor prog for your PC - a decent one will convert most standards.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

An excellent freeware programme may be d/loaded from here:-

it a couple of years ago and have been using it ever since.Can convert things I've never even heard of. :-)So impressed I gave the guy some dosh, and that is unusual.Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

if it were only available in whatever metres I'd convert it but I haven't got a figure either way so it's a little difficult :)

Reply to
dojj

Does just about everything. I use it at work quite a bit.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

How much torque is an 18 stone mechanic on the end of a six foot scaffolding tube giving it maximum grunt gonna give you ? Cos that's how much the average garage does them up to ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Ford's TIS reports 290 Nm or 214ft/lb for the 1996 Fiesta. I have no data for 1995 sadly, so not sure if that's going to be much use to you.

Reply to
Chris Street

Bob Sherunckle wrote on Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:02:12

+0000 (UTC):

Easy. 18*14*6 lbs ft = 1512 lbs ft or 2048 Nm. If he stands on the end of it.

Probably a bit too much :)

Reply to
David Taylor

fr hub 150lbft - 173lbft rear hub 184lbft - 213lbft

hth mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

When you say hub torque, are you basically on about the big nut at the end of the driveshaft (30mm nut or around that size) ??

If you are, I know on my old 1.1 Mk3 Escort it was 200Nm for that one.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

Just type it into Google.

60 newton meters in foot pounds

for example, gives

60 Newton meters = 44.253729 foot pounds
Reply to
Guy King

Google's great like that. It's also handy for geographically locating a phone number. If I see an advert and I want to know where it is, all AutoTrader normally gives me is how many miles away - I just type "phone

01xxx", sometimes adding the first few digits, into google and it brings up lots of evidence as to where abouts it is.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

32mm

Reply to
dojj

most certainly :) I did it up to just under 190 lb/ft as that's when the other side started to click (for reference) so that's where this one is done up to :)

Reply to
dojj

You've got a torque wrench that goes this high? Respect.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

i have one that goes to 210ft/lb and one that goes to 500ft/lbs :)

Reply to
dojj

So you're the bastard that did up the wheelnuts on my Supra.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK-PB

RichardK-PB ( snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMbtconnect.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You've never done GS cambelts or 2cv rear brakes, have you, Richard?

Rear drum/wheel bearing nut is 44mm and about 300lb/ft, the fan retaining nut on the G is only slightly smaller nut and similar torque...

The official tightening methodology is "two grunts, a curse and a fart", I think.

Reply to
Adrian

I've never had a GS that was even remotely road legal :/

Richard (it is a slight regret, but I'm still swamped with old cars)

Reply to
RichardK-PB

Part time job at KwikFit?

Reply to