Fiesta Zetec-S 54 Plate 1.6 TDCi

My brother has bought one of these little bad boys for £8700, and I must say I'm impressed with it for a diesel!

It's 90bhp or so and 0-60 in 11.2 secs, which, for a 1.6 diesel seems quite impressive seeing as some 1.8TD's struggle to get 15 secs!

Anyway...knowing how diesel chipping is all the rage these days, is there any chipping procedure out there for this engine?

He's not really bothered by cost of the chipping, he just bought this because he liked the look of it and was looking for a long term runabout that he could enjoy.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I'm very impressed that

a) someone paid the best part of nine thousand pounds for a Fiesta. b) it was a 1.6 c) it was a diesel

Still, horses for courses and all that nonsense :)

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

I'm very impressed that

a) someone paid the best part of nine thousand pounds for a Fiesta. b) it was a 1.6 c) it was a diesel

Still, horses for courses and all that nonsense :)

Its a PSA engine, and when PSA use it as in the 206 GTi HDi it has 110bhp and does 60 in 9.2 seconds :)

Reply to
DanTXD

That's because the 206 is French and made of cardboard.

HTH :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Cardboard gives 20bhp? Nice :)

Reply to
DanTXD

It'll either be because:

PSA wouldn't let Ford use the 110 PS ECU variant, or Ford didn't trust it, or Ford use it in the Focus and didn't want the Fiesta to be as powerful.

Reply to
DervMan

That's not a relevant comment. Yes, something with a larger engine may take longer to reach 62 mph, but it's probably a larger and heavier car.

Almost certainly. Try

as a starter for ten. Or Google.

Reply to
DervMan

But in the Fiesta it stands a chance of doing it again and again.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Cheapest options for common rail diesels is to increase the injector time - tuning boxes from

or
will do this little trick for you. Takes the 90 to 110, and the 110 to 130 bhp

There's one for my merc too...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It's entirely relevant. I'm talking about another Fiesta, which is a smaller, lighter car.

Forgot about that mob, will pass it on.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Excellent. Will pass all this on. Muncho apprecidenty

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Would you rather it was spent on a Corsa / 206 / Clio?

Cheaper tax, higher MPG and the biggest TDCi engine available in the Fiesta.

As mentioned before, higher MPG and cheaper tax.

If you had read what I said in the proper context, you would have known I was impressed with it from the diesel aspect, not for the cost. Personally, I wouldn't have bought it because it's too new, and too pricey for a car, but then it's not my money or my choice.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

I meant the extra performance comes from being made to an insufficient quality :)

And anyway, you know that only Max Power branded cardboard gives an extra 20bhp.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Why, do you think spending nine thousands pounds on a Clio or Corsa also=20 makes any sense ?

Ah, the 'Vamp school of thought' - spend a fuckload of money on an=20 average car in order to lower some of the running costs slightly.

Played.

You still let this crime happen, which - in the eyes of opinionated=20 Usenet - makes you an accessory :)

--=20 Lordy.UK

Reply to
Lordy.UK

It doesn't. But, for a bad choice, it was a better one. More importantly, it wasn't mine.

He wanted a car he could keep for 3+ years or so, something relatively new and that he liked. It must handle well, look good, and have a bit of get up and go not found in a 1.0 - 1.4. The Fiesta ticked all those boxes, for him.

I didn't :op I'd have told him to get a Mk4 petrol :) It's only when he pulled up outside tooting like a maniac I realised what happened.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Yes - 206s are better. I have nothing against Corsas per say, but if i was getting a Clio i'd wait till the new one was out (is it out yet?).

Reply to
DanTXD

LOL. It's still early yet. Keep the jokes for later.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Why, do you think spending nine thousands pounds on a Clio or Corsa also makes any sense ?

Ah, the 'Vamp school of thought' - spend a fuckload of money on an average car in order to lower some of the running costs slightly.

Played.

woo i got a mention!

Reply to
Vamp

It's even more daft than that. It's because the iB5 gearbox won't take the torque of the 110PS variant. A new gearbox is on its way (or so i'm told)

Reply to
Andy Tucker

It's even more daft than that. It's because the iB5 gearbox won't take the torque of the 110PS version. A new gearbox is on its way though...

Reply to
Andy Tucker