Fitting spoiler

Evening all

I picked up a stash of parts this weekend for the SD1, included was a nice little 80s rubber spoiler to go on the tailgate which I think will finish the back end off nicely (along with the new bumper). It needs holes drilling but that's not something I wanna do myself as I'm bound to c*ck i up (precision work is not my forte!).

Anyone have any idea what a bodyshop would charge to fit one? It''ll need about 5 holes I think so wouldn't take long. When I've got some spare time I'll get some quotes but would be nice to get a ball park figure as I don't even know what a bodyshop would charge per hour!

Cheers

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

hmmm dunno i know a guy who got a spolier sprayed and fitted from imoc a year or 2 ago for £100-150 but you won't need the spraying. gotta be less than an hour labour? want me to ask my bodyshop at work? i'll see what they quote then deduct 100 quid for a real world price not that i'm saying works bodyshop is a rip off mind ;)

Reply to
Vamp

That'll be useful!

Cheers mate

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sikaflex.

Reply to
Tony Bond

What he said. Or tigerseal. Much less likely to result in a rotten bubbly tailgate.

Reply to
Doki

Thanks guys, I'll look into it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

What has happened to u.r.c.m when I have been away? Last time I was here anyone asking about fitting a spoiler would be in for a flaming that Burger King could use.

Reply to
Depresion

Yeah but it's not to a Chavalier, it's to an 80s British muscle car ;)

I might order some Sikaflex when I get paid next week as it looks quite good and seems abit easier to get hold of than Tigerseal. Will I be able to get it on straight though... ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Try get it straight on the first attempt, cos it'll be your only one :)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Hmmm, bodyshop is still sounding tempting :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

If sikaflex is anything like tigerseal, it doesn't set up *that* fast.

Reply to
Doki

if your gonna just stick it on it's piss easy, meassure wide the spoiler is and how wide the boot is, take even amounts off each end meassure place some masking tape in an l shape for guidence and stick on. piece of piss even i can do that carl come on :)

Reply to
Vamp

Mate, I got a degree i maths :) But I haven't the steadiest of hands which doesnt help with this sort of thing! Might just get the other half to help :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

huh i've a steady hand but s**te at maths. which is kinda ironic when my dad holds an acca and a degree in maths. maybe you can't have both? :)

didn't get a chance to ask the bodyshop at work if you still aint done it by monday i'll ask them cos i gotta pop down there anyways.

Reply to
Vamp

If you could it'll be useful, i was gonna phone around a few places this morning but ended up going shopping instead. Rubbish!!

Gonna test fit the spoiler today to see what it looks like though. may look s**te!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs