For Sale - R5 GT Turbo Raider.

8&rd=1

ame=STRK:MEWA:IT

They *can* fetch daft money.

I dont think 1 grand for that state mines in is unreasonable.

I'l probably only want 1500 for it on the road.

Reply to
Mason

nothing special....just slightly less minging than normal :o)

Reply to
Mason

35 minutes? How hot are we talking - let's say 100% is in the red, 0% is right at the bottom, and I'm guessing 25-30% is normal running temperature???

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

imo you were right to be pissed at him but never mind.

btw i've decided that im to tall for a renault 5 and I would look silly, so i'm going to hopefully get a mrk 2 8v gti and and put a 1.6 golf driver engine in it that I have up the feild and do some exterior styleing since im a vain bastard, and stick the 8v back in if I can get a quote under £750 for

3rd party on it. Besides I didn't think you wanted to go through the hassle of taking the engine out ^_^
Reply to
REMUS

I can get you a minter of a MK2 golf GTi if you like....

it's a c-reg,red lady owner....totally standard even down to the p-slots :o)

it's my better halfs friends car and she wants something newer and wont want daft money for it.

I "car sat" while she was away last month and it drove well :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Reply to
Mason

it got to about 60% before i noticed and probably rant to about 80%.

the waterpipe was then fixed and it ran for a further 15 minutes to test it. temperature reached about 60% again so I turned it off and cheked all the rest of the water pipes.

made sure the system had been bled properly (it had) while i was doing this i held the header tank up as high as it would go got my mate to start the engine and blip it....

It pushed the water out of the header tank which indicates a slight headgasket problem :o)

they are notorious for having chocolate head gaskets and anyone buying one probably knows this :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

I'd be very interested to hear if insurance on a Golf GTI with a downgraded engine was actually cheaper than a standard one. I can sort of see the sense of doing this compared to getting a Golf 1.6 Driver and then upgrading everything to bring it up to GTi spec, but just can't see the insurance being any cheaper at all. I may well be proved wrong though.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

For the record we also have (for sale) an M-reg fiesta Si 1.6 16v in tourmallard (cossie) green with escort GTi wheels on.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

I'll give some insurers a ring today and see, I wanted to keep the brakes etc but have a lower capacity engine for lower insurance (hopefully).

Maybe if I described it as a golf driver with uprated componants?

Reply to
REMUS

Well just how un-silly are we talking here before you actually ask her? I was thinking about getting a knackered gti with a working engine and working on it in my dads workshop since im a poor ass that has to go to collage 5 days a week and is on minimum wage for 20 hours a week : /

Make me sound like an orphan or somthing lol, and my dream is to own a golf gti : P might budge the price a bit.

Reply to
REMUS

well i happen to know she payed 1400 quid for it...

i'm sure we're talkin a grand or less... but it really is in good nick.

I shall enquire mate :o) i'll aim for 50 quid and work up ;o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

How long ago though?

Thats the spirit!!!

Thanks man!

Reply to
REMUS

You'd want to pay £500 - £600 for it. Yet another car that's rapidly losing it's status. Even MkI Cabrios are worth f*ck-all these days :-(

Reply to
SteveH

I imagine she's gonna let it go for around the 500 mark..

she's pretty realistic about it's value...

oh and *mint* mk1 cabrios stilll go for good money.

Reply to
Mason

That's fair. Even I'd buy it for that, if I wanted a car at the moment ;-)

We looked for one for the wife a couple of years ago, but all the sub £1k cars were sheds. These days you can even get a nice dark green metallic with BBS cross-spokes for that kind of money.

Yeah, mint Clippers still fetch good money - although a lot of people still think that all MkI Cabrios are worth good money, but they won't see what they want for 'em, 'cos even MkIII Cabrios are down to around £2.5k now.

Reply to
SteveH

your preaching to the converted here mate.

The mrs is a big VW nut and has been after a good mk1 cabrio for years. it

*has* to be black, a GTi and on as early a plate as possible. it'll come but i'd rather buy a high miler with nice bodywork and rebuild it rather that a showroom condition minter and pay the premium.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

£500 is a good price i suppose, but i'm not looking for a minter like that. Somthing I can work on and make my own is what I want really but see how much she wants.
Reply to
REMUS

Good intentions and all that, but most 'projects' end up sat on the drive doing nothing. I should know, as there's one on my drive at the moment.

Added to that, it costs a lot more to put a car straight than it does to buy a good one, especially at this end of the market. Again, it's something I know as I've easily spent £500 on my £500 Golf Cabrio. For £1k I could have got a much better example.

Reply to
SteveH

Believe me if there's anyone that knows how much it costs to put a naffed up car on the road its me and my dad, we work on American cars renovating them. ATM we are doing up a HUGE 4x4 called an apache.

I have arch and tig welders, plus a cpl of donar cars for panels etc, paint+sprayer.

Reply to
REMUS