Ford Puma

If it's a decent car, which the Puma is, then it doesn't matter what's underneath !

You'd be an idiot to slate the Jag X-Type cos of it's Mondeo underpinnings, and the same applies here.

Audi TTs are a *bunch* more money than the Skoda/Seat/VW versions of the same chassis - but they aren't particularly overpriced when compared to the rest of their sector.

etc. etc. etc.

Get back to your Italian shitboxes :)

Reply to
Nom

Indeed, you'd slate it for it's lack of space, choppy ride, poor seats, stupid 2.1V6 that uses too much fuel for such a slow car and stunning depreciation. S60 is the best PAG Ford car in the price range - also available with 4wd and big BHP, more than the X type, for similar money.

It doesn't surprise me that Jaguar is losing money, I'd rather have a French car than an X type, the S type is perfect in almost every way but is terminally ugly and far too "retro" to be a popular choice against the five and the E, the XJ is wonderful, but can never make the volumes required to support Jaguar.

X type should have been based on the P1 Volvo platform - would have been more roomy, still had AWD available to it and still possible to get a V8 under the bonnet - albeit a yamaha one...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Which shows the superiority of the K series engine, who's head and ECU were retained when Lotus made the Elise.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

The new XK is jaw-droppingly gorgeous though and apparently the new S due soon has had the Callum treatment too - I reckon it'll be stunning.

Reply to
Grant

Have I missed something here? I thought we were talking about the Zetec?

Reply to
SteveH

You may have paid over the odds, I never did.

Silly little girlie car, IMHO.

My missus wouldn't be seen dead in anything so ridiculous.

Reply to
SteveH

As if she has a say in what she gets to drive... ;-)

Reply to
JackH

Well she is with you, so obviously has no taste anyway :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Heh. There is a _little_ truth in this.

However, having suggested she bought a sensible, girlie car last time she was car shopping for her own car (rather than having one of my old ones) she came back with an Alfa 33, then proclaimed it 'dangerous' on the no-name tyres, insisting we got it re-shod with a set of Pirellis.

She'd kill me if I took the 75 off her.

Reply to
SteveH

You've trained her well.

-- Peter

Get Circumcised to e-mail me Raising money for the Tsunami Appeal: -

AstraVanMan

But the X-Type is universally praised !

I was looking to get a 3.0 Sport to replace the TI, and every review I could find said they were *excellent* !

I think you're being narrow-minded Tim again :)

Reply to
Nom

Good to hear about a woman with taste, and enough knowledge to be dangerous ;)

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Six years old, 105k, it had a full service history unknown to the seller, I noticed a AA tax disc holder and called in at the local AA service centre. I gave em the reg no. and the computer churned out 10-15 pages of history :)

I changed the coolant as soon as I got it, I serviced it and changed the thermostat which was stuck open (common mondeo fault), coolant looked ok.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

206CC's hood? 307's electrics?

Kas have a rust warranty? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Ahhh the K-series, the reason why Ford was sniffing around Rover.

Reply to
DervMan

So they only wanted half the engine then?

Reply to
DervMan

Your point being?

Reply to
DervMan

Note the term "relatively" heh.

I've not heard of any Zetec, Zetec-E or Zetec-SE donks chewing through a sump of oil in two hundred miles.

I have heard of a few 1.7 Zetec-SEs chewing through a sump of oil in 7,500 miles though.

Reply to
DervMan

No, Yamaha had input into the design, they didn't do all of the work.

Reply to
DervMan

Not even that. A block is probably only a quarter of the engine. ISTR the bottom end, pistons, rods and head were all bespoke. Which leaves a lump of metal with some holes in it.

Reply to
SteveH