ford radio model 2006r

I forgot my radio code of ford 2006r anybody can help me , the serial number is M036599

Thank you very much.

Please send information to my e-mail snipped-for-privacy@netcabo.pt

Reply to
<vitor-ferreira

No.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What is this? this is a reply? I am not understanding.

"Dave Plowman (News)" escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk...

Reply to
<vitor-ferreira

Best thing is to contact your local Ford dealer. I gather it costs about 15 euros to get the code, which is paying for them to ensure you are the legal owner of the radio.

(Plowman has assumed you have stolen the radio, I guess.)

Apparently >What is this? this is a reply? I am not understanding.

Reply to
Questions

Please read my post again. I've snipped the op's one for a reason.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
9106 possibly :)

post a link of the radio, with the code, fitted to a vehicle that it's supposed to be fitted to (or a picture of the plate would be even better)

Reply to
dojj

It's a reply to the request to email information to you. Bad form on usenet, the least you could do is monitor the thread...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

No, the radio is from my car , but when i change to a new batery the radio ask me for code, and i dont remember.

escreveu na mensagem news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
<vitor-ferreira

Like I say, Ford can give you the code quite easily. They're supposed to check you are entitled to it for the simple reason that if not, then some people will steal the radio and just ask for the code on usenet or at a Ford dealership.

The way the anti-theft works, when you disconnect the radio from a battery, it will forget the code and then ask for one that the thief will not know.

TBH I didn't know mine; when I replaced the battery I added the new one on a cigar lighter connector, took out the old, put that onto the other socket, moved the new into the space and job done. But subsequent, wiped the code when foolish enough to go to a garage, and found it written down in a book in the glovebox - well, there were three if truth be told, one worked.

IME the head unit is the bit that soldiers on so there are plenty second hand ones and most of the thieves can get the code out without Ford's help. So, eBay charges a fortune for the CD changer in the boot (your's has it in the head unit) but the head end, in the dash, is cheaper on eBay (with the code) than Ford might charge to recover yours. But I'd ask Ford first.

Apparently >No, the radio is from my car , but when i change to a new batery the radio

Reply to
Questions