Ford went and bloody nicked my idea!

In article , snipped-for-privacy@WithThanks.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

It was after the war, and people could buy shampoo, instead of using normal or carbolic soap, and had money to burn, but had gotten used to not spending it or having things to spend it on, so they made what they bought last.

One of the soap/cosmetic/shampoo companies did a suggestion box to see "What would make you use more Shampoo". that was the winning suggestion from one of the factory floor girls.

Was on a program a couple of years ago about great ad and marketting campaigns, and accidental successes.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

This week's Autocar, page 11, about the latest Ford offerings including the all-new 280bhp 4WD Focus RS, it also says about a 153bhp Mondeo ST TDCI.

I bloody had that idea. I'll get my money, you see if I don't.

There is of course the slim chance that one of their guys also had a similar idea.

Still, as Harry Hill might say, what are the chances of that happening?

(If anyone doesn't remember, google for "Missed opportunity for Ford"

On a serious note, I keep on have genius flashes of inspiration in the form of ideas for various different products/advertising campaigns etc. - is there any way I can become a "freelance ideas person" and actually flog my ideas for hard cash, even if that's all they are - ideas. As in no hard and fast designs, just ideas.

I remember a mate once telling me that there was someone who told a shampoo company that they could significantly increase their profits by following his suggestion, which was to basically add "repeat" to the instructions for use. They got contracts drawn up, and apparently made a fair few quid out of it. Though I don't know if this is some urban myth - doubtless someone will post a link to an "urban myths" website about this!

Actually though, I've got a bloody excellent idea for an advertising campaign BMW might do well using, and could well do the whole thing as a radio advert, music and all. There's an idea.....

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I thought they were plonking in the 2.5 217 bhp V6?

Reply to
dojj

or for those of you who can't work the link

"Heat Is On As Ford Unleashes New V6 Focus Heat Is On As Ford Unleashes New V6 Focus

Anyone who reckons fast Fords are a thing of the past had better think again. Exclusive spy shots in the current issue of Auto Express magazine mark the first outing of the hot ST version of the new Focus. And it will offer better performance than ever before - because this is the first Focus to get a V6 powerplant.

With an incredible 217bhp on tap, it's no surprise blue oval drivers are doing lots of high-speed testing, and our snapper took pictures as the Focus ST did a hot lap of Germany's Nürburgring.

Seen in the magazine in five-door form, the ST will get swollen wheelarches and larger alloys to set it apart from lesser variants, while a roof spoiler and twin exhausts add definition to the rear.

The ST is the latest part of the Focus range to come into Auto Express's view. In Issue 806, we brought you the world exclusive first undisguised look at the next-generation five-door. We followed that two weeks later (Issue 808) with pictures of the three-door coupé cabrio.

The biggest news with the ST is the power hike. Ford has shunned the

2.0-litre four-cylinder unit used in the current 168bhp Focus ST170 in favour of the Mondeo's more potent 217bhp 2.5-litre V6. Given the extra two cylinders and additional muscle, expect the 0-60mph time to fall below seven seconds.

So why does Ford think it needs to inject some more zest into the new ST? A source told us: "We are trying to establish the brand. The current ST170 is a little understated. The next version will be more of a performance model."

As with the forthcoming hot Fiesta, this Focus will simply be badged ST, dropping the power denomination from the title. Both three and five-door versions will be available, although the ST badge won't appear on the estate.

With the standard three and five-door versions of the Focus ready to go on sale in the UK in January, the hot hatch isn't likely to appear until the end of 2005. But the story won't end there.

It's highly likely that a diesel ST will join the line-up, as well as a breathtaking RS flagship. Official details are still sketchy, but our insider added: "If an RS was to appear, it wouldn't be before summer 2006. We have the three-door, five-door, estate, saloon and ST versions to launch and promote first." Chris Thorp

Article from: Auto Express"

Reply to
dojj

Is that the twin-turbo one that's used in the S-type? In fact, that may be a 2.7, dunno.

Maybe that's for an RS Mondeo Diesel :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

On the subject of Urban Myths, my g/f said her mum had told her yesterday that apparently there's this car going round Nottingham at night with no lights on and... yada, yada, yada, you know the rest...

Blondes eh, what ya gonna do with them :)

Reply to
Lordy

he's right about the sunbeam, to me a lotus sb is much more desirable than a fast focus, give me one and let me keep the change to restore my classic,

2.2 dohc lotus lump and rwd yes please...
Reply to
Theo

When I was a biker (as in, I owned a bike but no car, the bike was my only transport) 12-13 years ago there were very few cars I was impressed with in the performance stakes. A mates dad who was a mechanic offered me and a mate a lift somewhere, we went in a Sunbeam, a customers car. After we'd got in me and my mate smirked at each other 'cos of the stripped out interior and rollcage in a "shitty Sunbeam" but it was soon wiped off me face..

My god, it probably wasn't as fast as if felt but f*ck me I've never been as impressed by a car as I was by that Sunbeam, RWD and the lovely sound, especially when I was expecting a 1.3ohv I'd have one tomorrow if I could afford the engine rebuilds ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

Reply to
Theo