Forged Piston Clearances

Keep gettin a few different answers to this one...

Gettin me block bored for me new forged pistons and need to what sort of clearances i'd need for them.

Any ideas?

-- Chet

Chet

When I fitted forged accralites to my Cosworth I phoned the manufacturer (Accralite) and asked. As it turned out the bore was Ford standard o/size as the extra clearance is in the piston not the bore.

Mike

Reply to
Mike E

These are forged clio williams pistons so the block has to be machined to accept the crank aswell.

Just been told 3-4 thou by where i got me pistons

-- Chet

Chet

It's some time since I had an engine re-bored, but don't they supply pistons for a given bore size - ie +20 thou?

Reply to
Dave Plowman