Found on another group

Probably not in the slightest bit true, but a good story:

> As was posted on the Mazda RX8 owners' club website last night,and got > > distributed to other sites... > > "Was pulled over last night by a copper who'd followed me for a couple > > of miles and breathalysed. Bearing in mind I could barely stand it was > > no surprise to find I was massively over the limit. This was > > particularly disgraceful as I had the missus and kiddie with me in the > > car. > > > > > I was arrested and read my rights. It was all a very salutary > > experience, especially when the copper got shirty because I found the > > whole business side-splittingly funny. > > > > His mate,whilst the arrest took place went and had a good look round > > the car,came back and started whispering to the other copper. T! hey are > > whispering frantically at each other and neither of them look very > > pleased. > > Copper turns to me and starts accusing me of wasting police time,he > > calls me a tw*t. I point out he's just sworn at a member of the > > public,in front of an 18 month old child and that I'll report him for > > conduct unbecoming. > > Plod get back in their car and drive off,with the copper who'd had a > > look round my car laughing his head off. > > And the moral of the story for the police is........................ > > ......... ........ ....... ...... ..... .... ... .. . > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Always check whether a car is left or right hand drive before > > breathalysing the guy in the right hand seat"
Reply to
SteveH

In news:1gmsu6h.1n7ot711ri1rpzN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, SteveH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

snippity snip..

Had something very similar happen to me with my Integrale, but that's for another time..

Reply to
Pete M

It happend to us in a firends alfa gtv, my friend on the passenger side (left hand drive) leant out of the window to get the crap that gets posted under the wipers. Police tailing us imeadiately turnded the blue lights thinking it was my friend who was driving and leaning out of the window at the same time!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

Very good steve :)

Reply to
REMUS

LOL My housemate is driving a LHD Xantia at the moment. Will have to give it a try :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sounds like a laugh. Must find someone with a LHD drive car and be coming out of a pub car park at closing time.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

is........................

Its got Belgian plates at the mo, so it would have to be a pretty stupid copper!!

Although saying that in his old 205 (LHD, Belgian plates) he was in a petrol station with a passenger, and i was a couple of pumps along. He was still in the shop, but the passenger came out and got in (the RHD side onviously). After about 30s the car behind started beeping and shouting at him to move. I was just stood there laughing!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Brilliant!! I must admit I can be a bit impatient when people get in their car and literally take about 5 minutes before they move off. The other day in Sainsbury's petrol station this bloke in a Merc was in the middle of 3 pumps, and the front one was free, but I needed to back up very close to his Merc (close enough to give him zero room to manoeuvre to get out). I waited a short while, and he got in, so waited a bit more, gave up and found another pump. He was still there a good 3-4 minutes later.

Of course, it could have been a LHD car and I could have been being a complete numpty.

Peter

-- "The truth is working in television is not very glamorous at all. I just go home on my own at night and sit alone and eat crisps."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I wonder if they still do that?

Used to be, that a targeted pub would get someone to come out at closing time, staggering about and dropping their keys, giggling, then climb into a car and drive off with the wrong indicators and similar.

A mile down the road, they'd be pulled over by the police car that had watched this happening and would, of course, be sober as a judge. Meanwhile, the rest of the pub had made good their escape.

I don't think I've seen a police car watching a pub car park for years now, though.

Reply to
Questions

is........................

A while back we were getting totally wankered in our local and the landlord came round to warn everyone that the Police were sitting 200m up the road waiting to pull anyone that was driving suspiciously, so i guess it still happens.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

i got pulled up in the MK1 MR2 when i left a pub and got back close to home, copper pulled me over and said he pulled me as he saw the car in the pub car park a few miles away and reconised it. they were doing random breath tests near xmas at the time. i only had 1 beer so wasn't bothered and passed the test easily as it didn't even show up. then the copper asked about the car saying how rare it is to see a B reg car that still goes :)

Reply to
Vamp

copper pulled me over

and reconised it. they

wasn't bothered and

the car saying how

I recall wondering about tiny little circular stickers I found on the rear bumper of my car. At the time, I used to park outside a pub.

Turned out, these were put on the rear bumper so that a police car could see the car had been parked near, or in, a pub early evening when whoever did the stickers came round.

Made sense, except for me because I kept being stopped for no actual reason whenever I was out and about late evening. Remove the stickers, no longer get stopped, until they started turning up again.

Took a while to spot that. I've been told they use UV pens and fancy headlights now, but I dunno if that's true.

Reply to
Questions

home, copper pulled me over

away and reconised it. they