Found this quite funny...

...and not just the actual car. :-D

Oh, and yes... thinking of getting shot of the Passat to get a 20v Coupe Turbo :-D

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Yes, you bastard, you had me looking at 'em too.

But I was rapidly put off by the insurance quotes.

Using the same details: Passat - £290 FC, £100 excess. Coupe 20v Turbo - £785 FC, £550 excess.

I think I'll give that idea a miss, then.... although it does explain why they're currently dirt cheap to buy. No-one spending £2k - £2.5 on a car is going to shell out that kind of insurance premium or want to pay the running costs.

Reply to
SteveH

> #Post543212

Passat - £550ish, with £100 excess Coupe 20v Turbo - £706 with a £200 excess

200SX S14a - £597 with a £100 excess

All fully comp - how much the Coupe and S14a would be with my current insurer, is more the issue I may investigate further this week.

They don't call you Mr HFM??? for nothing, eh... life is too short to spend the whole of it being as tight as a nuns chuff.

If it's something you want, and you can realistically cover the running costs, then so what... so long as you've factored them before making a decision to buy.

HTH

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

agreed although would rather have a nissan over a fiat because it's less likely to go pop! although i see a really nice bluey purple fiat coupe turbo at work sometimes. looks tighter than supermans underpants! bah that's well cheap on insurance! add 3 points and a 2 month ban and you'll know exspensive lol

Reply to
Vamp

>> > #Post543212

I wouldn't be so sure of that. ;-)