Front Wheel Drive 'vs' Rear Wheel Drive

Make of this what you will... :-)

Yesterday I took part in a scientific experiment to ascertain if either were better on the (Gran Turismo 4) track. Take a large supply of caffeine drinks, the 'ring track, one 1983 Toyota Levin and one 1997 Toyota Starlet Glanza V turbo thing, because these two are very close on maximum power. Place on the track and observe.

Okay so one is turbocharged and one isn't, which does make a difference, but hey ho.

The results?

Despite the almost constant sideways action of the Levin it put heat into its tyres very evenly front and rear. It was quicker during the early and latter stages.

The Glanza V, however, is appalling on warm fronts / cold rears. Hello oversteer. And it's appalling on hot fronts / warm rears. Hello understeer. During the middle bit, it was slightly quicker.

What was more fun? The Starlet on badly balanced tyres wasn't fun at all. It was great fun being able to out-point the Levin.

The Levin, well, that was always fun... ;-)

Reply to
DervMan

You need to get out more :P

Reply to
Abo

Absolutely yes!

Reply to
DervMan

Stop reading my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Naaah, not as easy to spend the whole afternoon on the playstation if you go out.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

got a loan out yet for the PS3?

i'm still waiting for Forza 2 can't be long now!

Reply to
Vamp

I've just spent a couple of hours on Forza - got a a tricked up Mugen S2000 that makes a wonderful drift car.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No and there's no way I'm spending £425 on the PS3.

Don't hold your breath!

Reply to
DervMan