Frustrating Day

Only myself to blame, really, but I now have a nice, shiny 75 with 12 month ticket on my drive. The sun is out and it's an ideal day for a run into the mountains.

However, I forgot to phone up and get it insured yesterday.

There's only one company that'll insure me online today, but I'd be limited to 2k miles, rather than 3k miles..... and they want an extra

100 quid for the next mileage band :-(
Reply to
SteveH

beautiful day for it too, such a shame that the best days always get wasted on us...

Reply to
Theo

That must be frustrating - but surely in a few months it won't matter? :)

As an aside, we so need a URCM meet. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Thats the only way to look at it. I'd be angered also.

I've been saying that since like, June.

Reply to
DanTXD

Gotta get my wheel bearing done before that..

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've got to get my engine bolted back together before that, I would be up for it though. But I think we should organise a road trip to the Nuremberg ring for a bit of track action.

Reply to
REMUS

Erm, you mean the Nurbugring, no?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Chasing Nazi war criminals?

Reply to
SteveH

I could give you a lift? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Meet y'all there, I'm not so sure I want to try to keep up with the convoy. :)

Just get out of my way on the 'Ring.

Reply to
DervMan

I think I made the same mistake last time I posted about this >_<

Still it would be amuseing to populate the track with the vile bastards and run em down, they wouldn't have an easy escape over the fences either at their age ;) bit like carmeggedon really, only with wrinkled jew killers as targets rather than zombies or robots (the german version had robots!).

Reply to
REMUS

I don't think anyone will be getting in your way some how ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Yeah, but if it ever happens I would rather not get done for speeding on the way there. Suck it all up for the track and maybe an autobahn if there is one en route ;)

Reply to
REMUS

I reckon given enough space on the Autobahn mine would bounce of the limiter in 5th...

Reply to
DanTXD

Well given enough time, mine shouldn't even have a rev limiter... although that could end in tears :) i'm going to have to stop using the internet soon to curb my expenditure, just sourced a 2nd hand set of Weber 40's + manifold & a TSR 4 to 1 exhaust manifold!

Reply to
REMUS

Well, toying with GPS showed me that my car over-reads by about 2mph all the way through - up to about *cough* and twenty indicated. And once with a slight downhill in the middle of the night and about 4 miles of empty, 3 lane, private land, i saw *cough* and 30 on the clock, and we weren't too far from the top of the revs there....

Reply to
DanTXD

God knows how much mine is going to over read by, I just got a new ETB speedo

hope it auto calibrates or something lol! At least I will have a good excuse if I get pulled for speeding ;) .....or prehaps it will make my situation worse, but it looks pretty :)

Reply to
REMUS

That's why speedo's can be unplugged :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

I'm quite confident that my car would do that.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

That's precisely why people would.

You don't think this Endura-E will last forever, do you? :)

Reply to
DervMan