FS: 2003 S-Type Jagar 3.0 V6 Manual (Red) - 47k and FJSH

Volvo designed, but ultimately it'll end up in other models from the range... so when it is a Volvo or when it is a Ford?

I do understand what you mean, but some Jaguar owners will be told that their car shares engine components with an Aston Martin, say... How many Aston owners were told that their car shared a stalk set with the Ka, as older ones did? :-p

Reply to
DervMan

No, buying a cloth upholstered Jaguar was the daft move. Buying a car £4k above the limit set by your parents was a daft move.

Look at your car in Autotrader. Notice how it's the *only* S-type in that price range to have a manual gearbox and cloth seats. Doesn't that tell you something?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ummmm. He sold it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

My BMW 528 auto will see 35 if you stick to 70 and don't use the performance. 32 is more realistic on a motorway, though. I'd have thought the Jag little different.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I saw, but he doesn't say for how much.

Besides there's always one more mug around the corner.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It is, but I don't think Dervy got it.

Reply to
Elder

Good man. I like when cars sell fir nice people.

Reply to
Elder

Ya I do, just, arguing the point... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Reply to
m.a.cosic

That it was the *only* one in that age range with a manual box and cloth seats?

Problem sold itself anyhow - likely no thanks to you lot :p

Reply to
m.a.cosic

Yep - I6 with a clutch and some cogs on the back, back in the days when men were men and didn't make compromises such that their wife/peg-legged grandfather could borrow their cars... :p

Reply to
m.a.cosic

Personally speaking I've have a car a year or two older with similar miles autobox, leather and a decent engine.

And saved 500-1000 on your asking price.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I wouldn't have an S-Type. I'd have a proper Jag instead of a tarted up Ford.

Reply to
SteveH

Umm well yes, and I already voted with my cheque book on that front. Although nowadays all I have are Mercs and Fords. No Jags at present.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hav en't driven the new Passat so I can't comment but I'd take the current Mondeo over any of the past Passats, particularly the 2.2 ST TDCi, and I hate bloody diesels.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What merc you running? Took a look at a 53 plate E class last week, quite impressed despite it being a 220CDI classic, gonna wait a while longer and probably go avantgarde though for the bling wheels bling suspension and bling headlamps.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I had a Mondeo TDCI Zetec hire car t'other week. It was absolutely s**te.

Reply to
SteveH

Not me, Mrs F, it's similar to yours, an A-class 160 Elegance. We should also have a Sprinter at some time real soon. Then I can terrorise the local population as WVM. Except it will be green.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Right. Hope she got the right gearbox... AKS would be such a shame..

Sprinter - 316?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

She got the right gearbox for her, ACS. The manual was umm s**te.

No, it's going to be a 208. I was *very* tempted by a 4x4 version but the budget doesn't stretch to it. I was also worried about fuel consumption, this thing has to pay for itself over the next few years.

Reply to
Steve Firth