FS: Alfa 156 TSpark

A new company car is enforcing the sale of Mrs H's 156.

Details:

1999V 2.0 TSpark - not entirely sure of the trim, but it's velour with wood. Alloys, obviously. Full history, with cambelt done this year. Roughly 132k miles - never let us down New battery 3 Goodyear NCT5s, 1 of whatever the NCT5 replacement is. All with loads of tread left.

Will have a new MOT when I get around to it - looking to offload it sometime towards the middle of January.

Some pics here, taken a few years ago, but it's Katie's car, so it doesn't look any different now. Will update the pics when I've had a chance to clean / polish it and remove all the usual crap women keep in the rear footwells....

Looking for around £1200.

Reply to
SteveH

That mean you got work? Congrats.

Kate alright with Sillyspeed?

Reply to
Elder

Yes yes yes..... don't forget to tell the group what wonderful beast you are adding to the stable.....

;-)

Reply to
Brownz (Mobile)

Thanks.

Regional Training Manager for one of the big supermarket chains.

I'll be cracking open a bottle of Bolly later :)

Yeah - she said it's not as smooth as a manual, but I've told her that comes with driving it.

You'd like what I'm getting....

Reply to
SteveH

Congrats. Good job that, no nasty selling, but you get to bring on the guy with the talent, but not the confidence.

Go on, give us a clue. If it's wheatgrass I'll puke.

Reply to
Elder

Posted elsewhere in the thread.

No idea of the colour, but it's a hybrid....

Reply to
SteveH

Standard issue car for field roles.

Reply to
SteveH

Ouch. Still, get pimp tints fitted and nobody will know you are in there.

Reply to
Elder

Congratulations on the successful job application.

*reads about Prius and thinks about positive spin*

One of the most sensible company car tax choices, too!

Looks nice. Good colour. Does everything work?

Reply to
DervMan

Surprisingly. yes.

Reply to
SteveH

Nah not given the stewardship it (he? she?) has enjoyed over the last few years... surely?

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah, she doesn't hand around in it, but it does get looked after.

ie. 3 year belt changes, annual service, check the oil every week or so (but, strangely, it doesn't burn any - I think they actually get better in this respect as the miles build up)

She particularly likes the 'quickrack' steering and the fact that it doesn't roll on 80mph sweepers.

I like it, but the Wagon is more practical and, obviously, over 100k miles newer - so it was a no-brainer when deciding which of the two to keep.

Reply to
SteveH

HFM?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Heh, come on, it's the rare "T.SPAR" model. Obviously something to do with working in the retailing trades.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Is that.. erm... wood wheel, grey carpets, green seats, wood dash???

yeauch.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It looks like it. I don't find it so much yeauch as just plain odd.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Looks odd in photos, but it's fine when you're sat inside it.

It's a real wood wheel and real veneer on the dash, which is something.

Reply to
SteveH

Are there some massive transmission losses going on?

Petrol: 76bhp Electric: 67bhp.

Some sources say net power is 143bhp, others say it's 110bhp.

In some ways I'm quite looking forward to it, as it's a very interesting concept and I reckon it'll be interesting [1] learning how to get the best out of it.

[1] Obviously, this is DervMan levels of 'interesting' here.... pass me an anorak and a weak lemon drink ;-)
Reply to
SteveH

I suppose it says something about Alfas that the vast majority only get sold when they have been to the moon and back.

Reply to
Steve Firth

People who buy them actually like them, and they're bloody reliable, in the right hands.

Reply to
SteveH